Firmware 5 - New Dynamics Tab

Thomas-Hawk

Power User
What is everyone liking so far on this tab? For me, for pristine cleans with the Fender sims, Shiva Clean, etc., I'm liking the Dynamics control dimed, and the Transformer Match at about 9:00 o'clock. Really opens it up, and keeps it really clean, but punchy. I like it!

What say you?

Just exploring this now. So far I find that I like the Dynamics full up and the Transformer has a sweet spot from around 8 o'clock up to around 11.

Seems more present, but not added high end "presence".

Dynamics up Trans Match 9 O'clock. Also Sag down as low as I can stand it, almost off on some patches. This 5 ver seems to make my 4x12 sound waaaaay more like a regular amp/cab with can sims active. Seems nice so far.

I've only touched on two params on the DYN tab so far, Sag and Dynamics, but just setting the Dynamics anywhere from 60% to 100%, depending on the amp, was enough to cause me to get lost in it for a while. I'm going to explore all of the new dynamics parameters a lot more tomorrow, but right off the bat I'm liking what simply turning up the Dynamics does....

I must admit that I liked having control of the High Freq & Res. in the earlier version, but I am still discovering the new options....

Dynamics all the way up and speaker motor level at noon. This sounds so good!!! These settings could be a extreme for some things but it really livens up sustain, feedback. very smooth but with some bite and punch :)

Does having a dynamis function mean we could use most solid state power amps without fear of sounding very sterile or harsh?

I really can't tell the difference between dynamics on/off. Half the time I thought it was on, it was off and vice versa. I set up a x/y amp block where the only difference was the dynamics (and volume to compensate), and I couldn't tell. What is it supposed to do?

I really can't tell the difference between dynamics on/off. Half the time I thought it was on, it was off and vice versa. I set up a x/y amp block where the only difference was the dynamics (and volume to compensate), and I couldn't tell. What is it supposed to do?
Keep at it and you'll catch on. Try exploring the spectrum between playing light and playing heavy.

This is good news! My rig was killing my back using a pv classic. It works perfectly with the axe with power sims on but the damn thing weights too much. Which one should i get that will work well thats not the matrix i wonder. Maybe all go with and art sla 2 bridged.

I just spent some hours working on my tones for this week, very important rehearsal coming Thursday (note the signature link... please check it out!!) with the drummer we are using for the video session.

Here's a quickie guide to what I am doing now (remember that beta testing is more about breaking stuff and finding bugs; not taste testing). Now we are out of beta, I can have fun again and just listen and play!!

I am doing the following:

Dynamics: 25-50%
Speaker Motor Drive: 5:00

Everything else is stock default settings. Remember to change your amp type; then change it back to reset the default parameters into your amp block. Then only adjust the above settings and get ready to have fun. Sounds fantastic on EVERYTHING, very bouncy, 3D swirly fun!!!

Last edited:
I'm liking the Dynamics control dimed, and the Transformer Match at about 9:00 o'clock.

Pretty much the same...one interesting thing is that now i prefer the Grid set to ON (always OFF at v4 in my case)...

I left everything else the same, sag was around 1.5, speaker drive to 0 etc...

Loving it! 8)

with the xformer match dimed and the dynamics close to zero i can shred like never before! Love it :D

I just spent some hours working on my tones for this week, very important rehearsal coming Thursday (note the signature link... please check it out!!) with the drummer we are using for the video session.

Here's a quickie guide to what I am doing now (remember that beta testing is more about breaking stuff and finding bugs; not taste testing). Now we are out of beta, I can have fun again and just listen and play!!

Dynamics: 5.00
Speaker Drive: 5.00
Speaker Motor Drive: 5:00

Everything else is stock default settings. Remember to change your amp type; then change it back to reset the default parameters into your amp block. Then only adjust the above settings and get ready to have fun. Sounds fantastic on EVERYTHING, very bouncy, 3D swirly fun!!!

I am not in front of my Axe but aren't dynamics values in % etc. I am unclear on what 5.0 means, can you clarify? thanks

with the xformer match dimed and the dynamics close to zero i can shred like never before! Love it :D

I haven't tried the Transformer Match dimed yet, but I did notice for high gain tones, I prefer the Dynamics around the default of 25% or lower.

What is everyone else preferring these settings at for high gain stuff?

I haven't tried the Transformer Match dimed yet, but I did notice for high gain tones, I prefer the Dynamics around the default of 25% or lower.

What is everyone else preferring these settings at for high gain stuff?

I agree, with my ultra high gain sounds i dont want much dynamics. Diming the transformer match makes the sound somewhat muffeld, so make sure to compensate that with eq or sth like that. I dont know why, but the guitar plays ultra smooth with these settings. Feels like easymode ;)

PS: For high gain rhythm sounds i would not suggest diming the xformer match, its more useful for lead sounds IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom