Firmware 11 Sounds F'intastic

hoth

Inspired
I am not tweaking. I am not loading in new cabs. I am not putting in PEQ blocks with the optimal frequency to compensate for perceived deficiencies in obscure amp parameters. I am just plugging in directly to the Axe and playing the patches as they are. They sound amazing. They feel amazing. The Fox ODS has chirp. The Vox has chime. The Marshalls roar. The Orange has a fuzzy navel. The DR Z is a better Fender. The fenders have snap. The Mesa's have balls. The EVH amps are saturated. In sum, all is right with the world. Thanks Cliff and all the beta testers and team.

I agree.

11 has brought a new distinction to the amps for me that did not exist before 11. I'm not one to gush over firmware updates but for me, 11 is easily the most impressive.

Cliff you've really outdone yourself with this release. Congrats! 11 is a serious achievement.

WHAT are you playing out of? Speakers, etc? I think it's GREAT TOO! I tried headphones and it was amazing, switched to my studio monitors (went through several sets testing. I am waiting for a pair of Equator D5's this week). I sed Mackie MR5's and it sounded really good, but STILL, not like the headphones. These speakers have lots of bass in them.

Anyway, I'm with you on this, but only had 10 for a few weeks with limited play time, so I am not a guy who's had it a long time. I still wish I could get what I hear out of my earphones from a set of speakers. I haven't tried anything but some studio monitors. The headphones make all the patches Jump Out and they are Tight, Compressed, detailed. the speaker's cloud it up a bit in comparison.

Equators are next and hope they sound good. Also, I am playing in my office with the speakers on each side of me on my desk.

I have to say that the Plexi's... sound and feel friggin fantastic. I never really bonded with them until now. Can stop playing with the Eruption patch. Patch 329!

WHAT are you playing out of? Speakers, etc? I think it's GREAT TOO! I tried headphones and it was amazing, switched to my studio monitors (went through several sets testing. I am waiting for a pair of Equator D5's this week). I sed Mackie MR5's and it sounded really good, but STILL, not like the headphones. These speakers have lots of bass in them.

Anyway, I'm with you on this, but only had 10 for a few weeks with limited play time, so I am not a guy who's had it a long time. I still wish I could get what I hear out of my earphones from a set of speakers. I haven't tried anything but some studio monitors. The headphones make all the patches Jump Out and they are Tight, Compressed, detailed. the speaker's cloud it up a bit in comparison.

Equators are next and hope they sound good. Also, I am playing in my office with the speakers on each side of me on my desk.

I played a lot through headphones tonight so I could really get a feel for the new firmware. But I also am really lucky that I have an Atomic CLR and could play through it for a while too. It's funny because a lot of people complain about playing through headphones and that you don't get the amp in the room feel blah blah. I actually have no problems playing through headphones and think the Axe excels in that area. That might be because of all the routing options, eq and effects that it has you can really get your sound close to a final mix. I played AC/DC no problem. I played Led Zeppelin no problem. I played Tool no problem. Most impressive was that in less than five minutes I created a patch from scratch with parallel chorus and delay blocks that got me right into Yes' 90125 album. Through headphones that patch sounded incredible but it sounded really good through the CLR also.

I have to say that AE3 is awesome! That's what's letting me dial up such diverse sounds so quickly. It really is an incredible tool and you can build a pro patch in minutes. I think the days of EQ blocks and PEQ and auditioning dozens of cabs are over.

I only played for a few minutes today, but I like what I hear. Unfortunately my neck is in pain today and I'm laying on a heating pad. I'll give it another good try before bed.

But the new firmware is very nice. So is Axe Edit 3.0.

I have to say that the Plexi's... sound and feel friggin fantastic. I never really bonded with them until now. Can stop playing with the Eruption patch. Patch 329!

The EVH brown sound is something that so many modelers, pedal builders and amp builders have tried so hard to get. The point is that it is really hard to get the right mix of saturation, dynamics, tone, sag, etc.... I think that Adam Cook's clip convincingly shows that the Axe has nailed that sound. That clip was just draw dropping and proves that the brown sound is in this box. At this point, I think that just about any sound is in the box. It's only left to user skill to be able to get the sound you are looking for out of it.

I've never played a real Plexi Marshall or much with Axe Plexis, but I just spent the last hour wringing some of the best blues rock tone of my life into headphones. What a revelation.

The 50w plexi in 11b is an incredibly expressive, swiss army knife amp. Busy preparing for a concert Friday, but I will load 11 tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Sounds likes breathing fresh mountain feels like for the first time.
I took a breath of fresh mountain once.

Ski teacher said there was a little bump down the hill, but we needed the speed to get up the next hill. Just go straight and you'll be fine, he said. Apparently I didn't go straight, cause I took a big breath of fresh mountain and the mountain ate some of my face. Looked like the elephant man for weeks. Still have an impressive scar. We just booked our Christmas ski holiday.

I did not pass my 3 first presets.. FW11 is more balanced than FW11b imho.. And the new eq opitions is a bliss.

I tried Plexi 100 jump... Hollow shite balls!!

Real Plexis aren`t allways this good. And a crancked master on the real one?? Just for a short minute... With the Axe?? 4 hours and hours 8)

When I plugged in 11.0 and ran the strat into the bassman, I felt like I was playing an actual bassman.

Yup, felt the same way when I was playing thru the Marshall 100W jumpered Plexi last night...and the AC30....and the Twin Reverb...and the....!

The amp feel of v11 is superb. v10 was amazing in the feel department over previous releases but man oh man v11 is indeed something else...

I only played for a few minutes today, but I like what I hear. Unfortunately my neck is in pain today and I'm laying on a heating pad. I'll give it another good try before bed.

But the new firmware is very nice. So is Axe Edit 3.0.

I know that pain, and I feel for you.

Back
Top Bottom