Firmware 10 and Axe Edit beta

I upgraded to Version 10, then uninstalled old axe edit, and reinstalled the new one in beta.
The problem is, all my rectifier amps are gone. I cant find em anywhere, unless they have been renamed.
All i see is a slew of 5150s, not that those are bad, just i love the Recto models,
Are they gone/re named? or are they just not viewable in the beta version of axe edit.???
Seems a lot of cabs and amps are no longer there.

On second thought, check the list of amps from the front panel of your Axe. It could be an issue with Axe-Edit. You might have to reinstall that instead.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I can try both of your suggestions tonight after work. I will first check the panel to see if they are still in there, "that would mean Axe Edit isnt showing them", if not, i will un install and re install Axe Edit beta.
cheers,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta Editor, no go. I cannot figure out how to re install ver 10. I tried to overwrite with fractalbot, but it wont do it. I cant figure out how to downgrade then upgrade again. I still cannot se any RECTO amps at all in my list, not on the axe and not in the editor. Im starting to ge scared. I need's my RECTOS :(

Are you looking in the right place? Amps are now alphabetically listed.

Can i reset this box and start all over again?
The last attempt to use Fractal bot, messed something up.
Fractal bot tried to use my Midi Interface that is connected to my drum machine, now the midi interface is no longer responding. So there goes my DFH.
Someone please help me get this AxeII back to normal.

Can i reset this box and start all over again?
The last attempt to use Fractal bot, messed something up.
Fractal bot tried to use my Midi Interface that is connected to my drum machine, now the midi interface is no longer responding. So there goes my DFH.
Someone please help me get this AxeII back to normal.
Can you post more details, and maybe some pics (if possible) of the issue, pls? I read this thread but do not understand what you mean when you say "all my rectifier amps are gone"...
Are you talking about your own presets you built on an older firmware ? If not, all the amps/cabs from older firmware are still there + new ones, but listed alphabetically.
If you had your own presets built, upgrading the firmware will not delete or remove those presets - tho' you might have to reset the amp block on them after the upgrade.
If you loaded up the v10 Factory Banks without first making a backup of your presets, then you probably overwrote them with the Fcatory presets and they are gone.

PS: Close Fractal Bot, wait a few minutes and it should free up the MIDI ports on your drum machine.

I cycle through the entire list and back to the same amp. NO RECTOS.
none whatsoever.

When you say cycle through the whole list, are you talking about presets?

Go to the layout menu, scroll over to the amp block and hit edit. You should be able to scroll through a huge amp list.

No, if i open a blank patch, try to add my amp block, Recto isn't a choice anymore.
I am not talking about presets. Those were for version 8.2, and i have those backed up. Never tried to upload my patches, just tried to make some new ones from scratch. but then noticed i no longer have any rectos. ????
I am hoping someone can help me set this box up from scratch, with no regard to save presets. thats not a worry.
I just want it to work and get my amps back.

Okay.
When you add a new amp.
From the front panel of the Axe-fx which amp models do you see>

Could you list them in order?

I would even be happy if someone could help me get back to version 8.2 when everything worked including the editor.
Then i will put my patches back and wait until this whole things stabalizes later this year.
I have an album to record and really wanted to use ver 10, but maybe i cant?
Still, my Midi interface seems to be hosed since fractalbot tried to communicate with it.
JavaJunkie, I search through the entire list and back to the same amp. with no rectos ever coming up.
When i get out of work, i will post a list of what i have. Maybe something went wrong when i tried to upgrade?
I had to set the Axe to receive update manually as i was coming from8.2 not 9.0
First attempt failed, second attempt showed Ver 10 on the Green Screen but i can tell im missing a lot of amps.
Perhaps re installing 10 would put them back? But i can't figure out how to go back.

The Recto's should be right after the PVH 6160 II when you scroll through the available amps. What are you seeing after that one?

As soon as i get off work 7pm EST. i will post what's in there in order. Looks like when i upgraded to Ver 10 i didn't get all the amps.
can anyone help me reset this box from scratch and uninstall/reinstall ver 10? I don't have any patches built yet so no loss for a reset.
Maybe they got lost in the transfer.?

It just doesn't work that way. You cannot lose amps in the transfer. It probably is something simple.

CASE CLOSED: Fractal called me and we did a clean install of everything. ALL THE RECTOS ARE BACK. OOOOORRRRAAAAHHH!!!
we figured something went wrong when i tried to go from 8.2 to 10.00,
Uninstalling /Reinstalling all corrected the issue. (we confirmed that they were indeed missing)
Funny, While i was waiting to get this solved i was playing around with the 5150 amp, "which i never used to use" now i think its one of my favorites for metal.
Now i will have to see if I still prefer the RECTO models to the 5150s . I belive the 5150 must have gotten an overhaul.
HHMMMM Recto or 5150 "They're Both So Delicious, I can't Decide" LOL
I am one happy musician today.
A very special thanks to Fractal Tech Support. You guys had me back up and running in no time.
Cheers,.
Phantom.

Back
Top Bottom