Firmware 10.09 for the Axe-Fx Now Available

Never heard of TripTik but looks like its going to my favorite amp now. Sounds awesome! :) What does USB monitoring mean? How do we monitor it?

USB monitoring is when you are using the Axe for music playback or recording and using it as a primary audio interface with monitors plugged in etc.

Reset USB input buffer upon detection of lack of input stream to mitigate poor OS-X clock adaptation (as buffer can be skewed significantly off-center at certain times due to clock drift).

Added USB buffer size select in I/O->Audio menu. Set this to lower values for less latency, set to higher values if experiencing distorted audio. Low values generally work fine with Windows machines. OS-X computers usually need higher values due to poor clock adaptation.

Hi M@

I'm trying to figure out myself why FAS uses their hardware instead of the software driver to set the USB buffer size, as many (all?) manufacturers of USB Audio devices did ? I never had such similar problems regarding low latency performance on OSX with various interfaces over the past 12 years I'm working with computer based DAWs.....

Many thanks for your reply

Cheers
Paco

Ha! I have the Triptik amp here so it is good to see it modelled too. I must say though, that my preferred switching for Channel A and B is the 'Vintage' rather than 'Modern'...

I wonder if Alan from Carol-Ann Amps tweaked this model on the Axe-FX like he did with the OD2?

Never heard of a Triptik. I guessed it was a 800 style amp, so I loaded up 'this one' cab, gain on 3.5 lowered bass....instant Apetite for Destruction! way cool sounding amp, and it double-tracks soooo good! Thank you guys!

I normally stick with the more "popular" amps in the Axe FX, but I'm getting attached to this new Carol Ann triptik amp! I wasn't expecting it to have as much gain as it does. I'd easily consider this a high gain amp. I'm now really interested in how the vintage channel sounds. This amp is a beast!

The TripTik is an awesome amp. It's great that Cliff and Company addressed the OSX driver issue. My Axe Edit 1.9 Beta has Triptik showing up in the amp list like it should.

Finally some USB fixes! :)
I hope this also fixed the USB related time-based crash that happened on windows machines.

Great customer support as always!

The installer gave me this error on my Win8 x64 PC:
167.jpg

Even though I got the error message, it seems to have installed just fine:)

The installer gave me this error on my Win8 x64 PC:
View attachment 16378

Even though I got the error message, it seems to have installed just fine:)

That is showing an uninstall. I imagine you had the old drivers already installed.
The Axe-fx II Driver v1.50.0 unistaller will complain about no be able to uninstall because it is not for this version of Windows. Wait a few seconds and a dialog will pop up asking if you want to use this program in compatibility mode. Select yes and it will uninstall.

At least that is the way it worked for me.

Need help...I just upgraded to 10.9...I installed the usb file for Mac...and now my Mac won't find the Axe FX via USB. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom