Finally joined the Fractal Family! FM3!

sick pickle

Inspired
My FM3 is being dropped off tonight. Holy crap I am stoked. I wanted the FM9 but cannot hold out – so I am immersing myself into the FM3 and will grab the FM9 later when my time comes up. I don't play out currently, so I am not huge to have all the buttons–but I know coming from Helix floor that I will miss all those switches.

Right now I need to start learning some new stuff! I was pretty savvy with Helix editing - but I take it the Helix UI and editing is much more simplistic.

Stoked to be here with you all!

Welcome to the club. Buckle up for a fun journey. Great folks here to help you around the blind corners. 😎

Welcome to the club. Buckle up for a fun journey. Great folks here to help you around the blind corners. 😎
Right away...hahaha...I see there is no clear 'factory reset' function with this platform. You can basically just re-load the factory presets? I just want to start from absolute scratch and not be influenced by whatever the previous owner did.

Welcome, peepeepoopoo! I've had my FM3 for about six months and it's been an absolute blast running through the factory presets then making my own. I've learned a ton from this forum and watching YouTube videos - starting with Leon Todd, G66, and then just searching for what you are looking for.

I am actually buying this used - from the now second owner. Anything I should be looking for? Obvious things - screen is intact, it powers on, the footswitches work properly, LED's are working, etc.

I am actually buying this used - from the now second owner. Anything I should be looking for? Obvious things - screen is intact, it powers on, the footswitches work properly, LED's are working, etc.
That's pretty much it. As for the innards, if they work at all, they're working great, so no worries there.

Might also want to make sure the connectors are working.

My FM3 is being dropped off tonight. Holy crap I am stoked. I wanted the FM9 but cannot hold out – so I am immersing myself into the FM3 and will grab the FM9 later when my time comes up. I don't play out currently, so I am not huge to have all the buttons–but I know coming from Helix floor that I will miss all those switches.

Right now I need to start learning some new stuff! I was pretty savvy with Helix editing - but I take it the Helix UI and editing is much more simplistic.

Stoked to be here with you all!
Welcome to the Club
With the real amp modeler unit

Weird question....the side fan vents..on mine, there are little slits between the holes...is this normal, or are they broken?

IMG_1459.jpeg

yeah super weird...wonder how that even happened - especially that its that way on BOTH sides - almost looks like a manufacturing defect because its identical on both sides 🤷🏻

yeah super weird...wonder how that even happened - especially that its that way on BOTH sides - almost looks like a manufacturing defect because its identical on both sides 🤷🏻

You mention getting an FM9 - keep that in mind if you plan on selling this FM3 - (re-sale value) maybe you got a good deal ? have fun

To me, it looks more like someone made a ham-fisted attempt at removing them. The good news is that it makes no difference. :)

They just released updates for the AxeFx 3 and FM9 that had a new amp model, a klon overdrive, keeley aurora delay, and other features. Thump and new SIC for the amp block made a big difference in tone. We won't know exactly until it is out, though.

Back
Top Bottom