Finally! 5153 Tone I Like

iamlucid

Finally! 5153 Tone I Like (Updated w/ patch)

I've seen so many posts on here of how much folks love the 5153 amp tone. For the life of me I couldn't get a tone that I liked out of the Red channel. But I think I finally nailed it. Here are a couple examples. What do ya think?

This one has lower gain amounts due to the many layers of guitars. Obviously, after the acoustic part.

Here's a higher gain example. It's just huge sounding.

I'm absolutely loving this amp now. It should be noted that I'm using OwnHammer's beta Bogner cab.

Here's the patch. Again, it uses OwnHammer's beta cab. Head over to his website to download, and, once final, buy. It's pretty outstanding.
View attachment iamlucid 5053 v1.syx

-Cheers

Last edited:
That's a complex patch. How and why did you come about that?

The best answer I can give is trial and error. As anyone will tell you, it comes down to using your ears to get the best results you are looking for. And I just tweaked until I got my desired sound.

first one sounds good, the second one is really muffled/dull! :)

This one has lower gain amounts due to the many layers of guitars.

layering guitars doesn't add any gain, this is a myth created in the early days of internet recording forums ;)

cheers
S.

first one sounds good, the second one is really muffled/dull! :)

layering guitars doesn't add any gain, this is a myth created in the early days of internet recording forums ;)

cheers
S.

It's not added gain, necessarily. But each additional guitar track I added, created additional fizz or high pitch "whoosh" sound. It was a product of each track having a low amount of it, but stacked on top created this audible noise. To combat that, I greatly reduced the gain, which minimized the unwanted noise. However, it's just easier for me to say: gain.

Muffled and dull. Hmm, I don't hear it. Thanks for the feedback, anyway. I'll give it a few more listens to see if I can pick up what you are referring to.

Layering doesn't add gain, but it does reduce the need for gain. High gain plus many layers often equals a fuzzy mess.

Back
Top Bottom