Filter Slice

TrickRichards

Inspired
Hey, so im trying to create a patch similar to simeon's "Filter Slice" but im stumped. Im not trying to do exactly what he did but i'd like a similar filter effect. My problem is I can't seem to get the right range of sweep out of the filter. I've tried a lot of different settings, linked to several different controller types...Can anyone shed some light on this? Simeon, if you happen to read this can you give me any tips?

Thanks!

hello mate, sorry for the slow reply, only just saw this thread

whatever controller you use (i used the sequencer on that patch) you can control the degree of filter sweep using the "start" and "stop" values where you attach the filter frequency to the controller. the damping parameter is also useful for preventing clicks if set to a low value, but can sound cool if set to a higher value to get sweeps.

if you use an lfo attached to the filter, you can use the depth control and the duty control to tweak the range of the filter as well.

i used a lowpass filter with a some Q to make a little "hump" before the roll off in the filterslice patch, i think

hope that helps. let me know if you're still having difficulty with it.

sim

ps - use the "run" parameter tied to envelope to always start the lfo or sequencer running at the same point when you hit a chord etc

thanks don. you need to tweak the curve a bit, so that as the chord dies away, the lfo or sequencer doesn't stop suddenly as the audio gets below a certain threshold.

sim

Back
Top Bottom