Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Yep, it's here (word vomit I know):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...r-fr-10-vs-redsound-mf-10-mini-review.201197/

That was pre-v2. I know the internet is allllllll about click baity hyperbole but seriously, the v2's are on par with the MF10s in my view. If Liam or anyone else ever develops their own cab with a better speaker/co-ax solution or a different horn driver, again, in my opinion, they'd likely beat the MF10s. And the MF10s are siiiiiiiiiiick in their own right.

Just my opinion though. 🤘
Thanks for posting this.

I have a FR-12 with the V2 mod and really like it. I'm just curious about the Redsound.

I have a second V2 and need to decide whether to get another FR-12 or a FR-10 to put it in.

Due to the price difference I can't justify getting a Redsound over a FR given the described closeness of the two performance wise but they sound like they're well worth an audition.

I have the Elis.8s, and there is an obvious audiophile quality to the Redsound. I believe that does have more to do than just with an excellent preamp. The driver is really nice, and even the 8 has plenty of bass response. The frequency response seems to be very well balanced. It's true that a big bonus to the FR series are the tone controls. I've said it before, but the line out is another important bonus (Redsound Pro/M also have it).

I've also written here before, that I can see keeping the FR-10s. I just really wanted a hiss-free solution until my V2 is ready. That has given me the chance to really appreciate the Redsound quality, and also that of the Blueamps Cubo.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this.

I have a FR-12 with the V2 mod and really like it. I'm just curious about the Redsound.

I have a second V2 and need to decide whether to get another FR-12 or a FR-10 to put it in.

Due to the price difference I can't justify getting a Redsound over a FR given the described closeness of the two performance wise but they sound like they're well worth an audition.
No problem, and yes, 100% worth checking out the RedSound stuff. Amazing times we live in to have access to all these options!

Back
Top Bottom