Fender FR-12 compared to PXM-12. My experience so far.

I got a pair of FR-10s in the past week for use at home. I'll have to say this is the most I have felt 'connected' while playing with a FRFR system. I realize the FR-10/12 may not be 100% flat or whatever, but that doesn't matter to me - the AITR type response is improved. It is what I had hoped to experience a few years ago when using a PowerCab, but I wasn't that happy with it and eventually sold it to go back to traditional guitar cabs.
more 'connected' is a great way to put it. That's exactly why I bonded to them as well. Short of using a PA and Cab this is first FRFR like setup where I felt that. I also don't care that its not even truly flat...i like what it adds not much different than me choosing IR's and tweaking to my ears.

I've read all the posts of this threads about the Fender FR-12, but I haven't figured out how to check if the FR-12 I'll get will have the updated board. Besides using my ears, what should I check on the board? Order from Thomann EU. Thanks for your help!

Sweetwater is getting some in around the second week of March I can only assume they are the newest version does anybody have any info on this?

I've read all the posts of this threads about the Fender FR-12, but I haven't figured out how to check if the FR-12 I'll get will have the updated board. Besides using my ears, what should I check on the board? Order from Thomann EU. Thanks for your help!
Some of the old stock, like mine, were noticeably quieter than others. So, even if it’s old stock, you could still be okay.

Heads up that Fender has the FR-12 in stock right now! I canceled my other orders with Sweetwater and Zzounds. (Paging @DoctorAK)
Mine got here on Thursday from Fender, FYI. I hear no hiss when silent at all.

This thing is awesome. As someone used to playing either through my monitors (at home) or a Headrush 112 (when at band practice) this thing is a revelation. So much more amp-in-the-room. With my HR, when I played my normal "stereo" preset through it, it got muddy, especially with stereo wet FX. With the Fender, even my stereo wet FX sound amazing when mono.

Next up gonna try W-D-W with my monitors as the wet and the FR-12 as the dry.

Back
Top Bottom