FC6 what is layout 6 used for?

HockeyWhippet

Inspired
I'm considering buying an FC6 and trying to figure out what the functionality of layout 6 is for. It's the one with 6 PerPreset switches. What happens when you press switch 1? Does it switch to a completely new layout specific for a preset or does it select 1 thing that's assigned to that switch (like an effect bypass)? I thought that each preset could be set up for a per preset configuration so I don't understand why have a whole layout called per preset.

Thanks in advance!

You can have up to 24 per-preset footswitch assignments in any given preset.

The default "per preset" layout will display the first 6 of these on an FC6.

Any layout can be customised to whatever your needs are though.

When you're using Per-Preset footswitches, you have a choice: either place them in a layout, or use them to override an existing footswitch. The Per-Preset layout lets you use per-preset footswitches without having to override a switch that you're using for something else.

Last edited:
You can have up to 24 per-preset footswitch assignments in any given preset.

The default "per preset" layout will display the first 6 of these on an FC6.

Any layout can be customised to whatever your needs are though.
Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. Do you mean each preset can choose from a total of 24 that are global to the unit, or that each preset can have 24 which are separate from the possible 24 for another preset? If the latter, how are they accessed on an fc6? If the former, then the layout 6 will use the first 6 of the global PP switches?

Maybe a video on how PP switches and the layout 6 works can be added to your queue of future topics? :)

...each preset can have 24 which are separate from the possible 24 for another preset?
This.

If the latter, how are they accessed on an fc6? If the former, then the layout 6 will use the first 6 of the global PP switches?

Maybe a video on how PP switches and the layout 6 works can be added to your queue of future topics? :)
While you’re waiting for that video, look up “per preset” in the manual. Your questions suggest that you haven’t done that yet. You’ll be much farther along.

This.

While you’re waiting for that video, look up “per preset” in the manual. Your questions suggest that you haven’t done that yet. You’ll be much farther along.
I didn't see the explanation in the Axe Fx3 manual or the footswitch manual, but there it was in the footswitch guide. Took me several times reading it but I think I get it now.

Thanks!

I didn't see the explanation in the Axe Fx3 manual or the footswitch manual, but there it was in the footswitch guide. Took me several times reading it but I think I get it now.

Thanks!
Yeah, there's so much information on Fractal stuff that you might have to search more than one manual to find what you're looking for. I keep all the manuals within reach on my computer. Sometimes I refer to them when I'm answering forum questions. :)

Glad you got it sorted out. Until you've wrapped your mind around them, Per-Preset footswitches can seem a bit complicated. Imaging trying to understand them one forum post at a time. :eek:

Yeah, there's so much information on Fractal stuff that you might have to search more than one manual to find what you're looking for. I keep all the manuals within reach on my computer. Sometimes I refer to them when I'm answering forum questions. :)

Glad you got it sorted out. Until you've wrapped your mind around them, Per-Preset footswitches can seem a bit complicated. Imaging trying to understand them one forum post at a time. :eek:
I had read the AF3 and footswitch manuals long before I bought my AF3 so I didn't remember what exactly was in there. Thanks for letting me know that there was info somewhere on it.

Looking it up now because I'm trying to decide if I want a footswitch controller and if I want the FC6 or another device like a Morningstar MC8. Trying to see what I might be missing if I didn't go the fractal route.

Back
Top Bottom