FC6/12 "Reflect Preset Layout" Layout

dumbeat

Inspired
It would be huge if the FC had a layout or a function where it reflects only the Effect Blocks used in a certain preset and only them.

It is a bit weird now to have the ones you don't use and not have the ones you use in a given preset, i suspect there is a technical limitation/reason for it since it don't make sense to me otherwise,
but it would be huge if there was a way for the AXE-FX to show in the FC only what's used just like it does in it's own internal Layout Page.

This is already possible. There are Per-Preset switches that can be assigned. read the FC manual, it is covered extensively.

This is already possible. There are Per-Preset switches that can be assigned. read the FC manual, it is covered extensively.

Thanks!
But is it automatic or do you have to assign the blocks in each preset? That is the thing...

Thanks!
But is it automatic or do you have to assign the blocks in each preset? That is the thing...
It's not automatic. You set it up manually.

I get your wish, though. It'd be nice to have it be automatic, except — what would you do if you have more blocks than switches?

It's not automatic. You set it up manually.

I get your wish, though. It'd be nice to have it be automatic, except — what would you do if you have more blocks than switches?
Im running between many many presets, its a lot of work/time programming in each preset. I would have expected a computer to be able to "Push" that data automatically.

If i had more blocks than buttons i would go in and program, but very few presets use more than 12 effect blocks...(or 2X6- depends which FC you are using).

As a default id have the effects appear in the exact order they do in the AxeFx Layout page order.

If you set up a layout as purely a Per Preset layout, the set up time in Axe Edit to prepare your PP switches is amazingly fast. It's probably going to be the least amount of time spent on "tweaking" your preset.
Also, because you're probably not going to have 128 presets with a complete reorganization or your blocks - ie: most preset will LOOK alike in terms of blocks you want to access, you can set up a template that includes your PP switches and a few tweaks will be all it takes to get your preset up and running.

I don't see that feature being "soon" implemented. But I've been known to be wrong ... many times! o_O

If you set up a layout as purely a Per Preset layout, the set up time in Axe Edit to prepare your PP switches is amazingly fast. It's probably going to be the least amount of time spent on "tweaking" your preset.
Also, because you're probably not going to have 128 presets with a complete reorganization or your blocks - ie: most preset will LOOK alike in terms of blocks you want to access, you can set up a template that includes your PP switches and a few tweaks will be all it takes to get your preset up and running.

I don't see that feature being "soon" implemented. But I've been known to be wrong ... many times! o_O

Yes, This will have to do for now. Lets hope that there is no otherwise fundamental obstacle for implementation of automatic Preset Layout Reflection in the FC as this seem to be the "Right" way to use the controller with any given preset...

This is how the Ax8 works, you assign the 8 footswitches manually. The implementation in Edit is different but the concept is the same.

An automatic layout may be the 'right' way for you, but many would disagree. What if you wanted your switches in a different order? And how do you account for everything else that's not a block: scenes, control switches, a/b/c/d, tap tempo, presets, etc? You're pretty much back to the same place anyway - setting each one up manually. I'd be fine if they added it as an option but wouldn't use it very often, if ever.

This is how the Ax8 works, you assign the 8 footswitches manually. The implementation in Edit is different but the concept is the same.

An automatic layout may be the 'right' way for you, but many would disagree. What if you wanted your switches in a different order? And how do you account for everything else that's not a block: scenes, control switches, a/b/c/d, tap tempo, presets, etc? You're pretty much back to the same place anyway - setting each one up manually. I'd be fine if they added it as an option but wouldn't use it very often, if ever.

Considering that every option is available except for a mirror of the program layout, i dont see how this would make users who want to manually program their own layout for each Program unhappy.... I do think, otoh, that many users would be very happy to go from program to program and see their effects layed out infront of them in the order in which it appears in the program's layout.

This is not instead of what is there now. Its an additional FC page for people who do not want to manually program in each and every program.

Back
Top Bottom