FC Internal Firmware 1.12

yes already done ... anyway I think that writing here the problems also of the beta can put in watch those who want to install it and make backup always ....

GOOD DAY I UPDATED TO 1.12, fw however when I push the 2 buttons tap & hold to go to the master layout it returns a blank screen and erases everything, how could I fix this?, I tried to install again the FW and everything goes the same. Id like to go from scenes mode, to utilities, per preset and effects. as soon as I press the tap and hold of the two right hand knobs it returns a blank screen on the FC

GOOD DAY I UPDATED TO 1.12, fw however when I push the 2 buttons tap & hold to go to the master layout it returns a blank screen and erases everything, how could I fix this?, I tried to install again the FW and everything goes the same. Id like to go from scenes mode, to utilities, per preset and effects. as soon as I press the tap and hold of the two right hand knobs it returns a blank screen on the FC
You probably need to go into settings and Initialize Layouts

Impressive! You guys kick ass. All these updates on all platforms, firmware, editors! I appreciate the hard work!

when pressing the 2 knobs at once, to go back to the layouts menu, I get a a blank screen
I'm assuming you loaded 19.02 beta?

Reading the thread sounds like that is causing this issue for a number of people.

Roll back to the previous firmware.

After that reset your Layouts or restore system settings from a backup.

Hello all,

I just recently pulled out my Axe III and FC12 for the first time in quite a while. I created some presets and have started using the rig at practice and loving it after coming from a 4 cable setup with my Helix.

I updated my Axe Fx III to v19.08 and my FC12 to v1.12 and shortly afterwards I lost all mini display text. The main LCD works fine and the buttons still change my scenes etc but they are completely blank. They do show the “—-“ on startup but then go blank.

I’ve tried resetting the default layouts, power cycling and trying a different XLR cable all to no avail. If I remember correctly, one of the last things I did before the problem occurred was to set the mini displays to use inverse text which was working fine for at least some amount of time. Funny thing is that I still brought the rig to my last practice even with the problem and after initially turning everything on, the displays were working again just to disappear by the time I was ready to play. I don’t know if I did anything else between that time.

I tried searching for a previous version of the FC firmware to downgrade to but none of the links I click actually let me save the file, they just take me to a Fractal Audio web page. Only the newest v1.12 link lets me save.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try or what may be going on? Do I need to export my presets and then completely reset everything to factory defaults?

Thanks!

Make sure you download the correct firmware for the version of the FC-12 you have. There's a Mark II out now with bigger screens and its firmware its different.

Make sure you download the correct firmware for the version of the FC-12 you have. There's a Mark II out now with bigger screens and its firmware its different.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I noticed the two different versions right off that bat and downloaded the version for the original FC12 and not the MKII. It was working initially and then suddenly stopped.

Do you know how I can access any previous versions of the FC firmware? I originally started wit 1.06 before jumping to v1.12. I’d like to roll it back and see if things start working again.

Do you know how I can access any previous versions of the FC firmware? I originally started wit 1.06 before jumping to v1.12. I’d like to roll it back and see if things start working again.
Fractal doesn't supply old versions of firmware. I suspect it's because it increases support burdens and they'd rather hear about a problem and fix it and move forward.

That said, there are the unofficial archives.

That makes sense, I would imagine you are correct.

Thanks a lot for providing the link to the unofficial archives. Hopefully I can get things working again by rolling back version but that doesn’t explain what actually happened so hopefully someone can still chime in as to whether this is a bug with v1.12 or an anomaly with my particular rig.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom