FC-6 + FC-12 Manual

I was hoping there would be more unique control features such as Amp Level increment/decrement, but for other parameters too. This would be such a handy feature for gain control or delay mix.
I'm hoping Scene Vol Incr/Decr makes a comeback. The amp feature is good too, but often I'll want to adjust the level of only the current scene - for example the rhythm is at the right level but I'll want to modify the level for the guitar solo. Boosting the amp will change the level of all scenes (where that amp block/channel is being used) and so it'll affect both at the same time.

P 39 of the manual explains it, but basically it looks like a way to trigger direct midi cc or PC messages.
Sending midi is really a secondary function, IMO.

It's primary purpose is as a modifier source.

You can check the AX8 manual for a simple usage scenario... I think it's on page 37 of that manual.

Edit:

Sorry I was replying about Control Switches in general, not control switch midi.

Last edited:
I did not see anywhere in the manual if the FC updates(in any configuration) when a preset is changed on the Axe3.
?

I was doing some seriously deep editing on the MFC (custom names, etc). I think this was something I found on the device and not in the manual. Unfortunately, my studio is packed up as we are moving so I can’t get to it until May...

OK - I fired up MFCEdit and I see that I was using the Global / Alternate *preset* function and it's ability to go back to the previous preset...

I think I did this because there was no back-to-scene function (which I still think would be very valuable).

I'm hoping Scene Vol Incr/Decr makes a comeback. The amp feature is good too, but often I'll want to adjust the level of only the current scene - for example the rhythm is at the right level but I'll want to modify the level for the guitar solo. Boosting the amp will change the level of all scenes (where that amp block/channel is being used) and so it'll affect both at the same time.
I’m pretty sure we have scene volume inc/dec available now. Am I missing some context here?

Having read through the manual, I'm excited to get my FC-12. I found the tutorial on page 46 to be a very useful illustration of how I might use the FC-12. I'm in a classic rock cover band so I need to use a lot of tones. On my Ax-8, I'm using about 15 presets and usually have at least 3 scenes per pre-set but I love to have the ability to turn on/off effects on the fly. Layout 7 seems to be perfect for quickly scrolling through and selecting the presets and scenes (I could cover all my tones in 3 "banks"). Once I'm in a preset/scene, I could tap top left button to go into Layout 8, the effects layout for the current preset/scene, so I can turn effects on/off. Seems pretty cool. Can't wait to try. I would love to hear how other cover band folks are going to set up their FC. Happy New Year Fractal Friends!

The OUT1 Scene Level Inc/Dec and Save feature already exists on the Axe-Fx III. It should be possible to add on the FC, but currently there is a feature freeze while the device is rolled out. I've added it to the wish list.
Thanks for adding this to the wish list M@. This feature makes soundchecks a breeze for me.

Looked through the manual and didn’t find this.

If I plan to use just two or three layouts, is there a way to configure just one switch to increment to the next layout, so that you can just cycle through them, instead of having to look at the menu first to choose one? If so, then I would always have this layout switch at the same place for every layout.

If I plan to use just two or three layouts, is there a way to configure just one switch to increment to the next layout, so that you can just cycle through them, instead of having to look at the menu first to choose one? If so, then I would always have this layout switch at the same place for every layout.
Just add a direct layout assignment to where you want to go on any switch.

On L1, put an L2 switch.
On L2, put an L3 switch.
On L3, put an L1 switch.

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom