FC-6 + FC-12 Manual

Those can be controlled via modifiers today. Those modifiers can be assigned to a custom switch on an FC. Problem solved.
I think he was asking for a way to increment/decrement other parameters than amp level. Like, for example if you tap switch 1, increment delay mix of 1%. If you tap switch 2, decrement delay mix by 1%. I don't think this can be achieved with modifiers (unless I miss something?).

Well I know it has just been launched, and I know it will get improved over time, so I apologize if this is too early to exposes these ideas here, but having read the manual twice and trying to imagine my ultimate setup, I can't help to have a few wishes :rolleyes::

- Would be great to have more Control Switches, 24 instead of 6 would be awesome.

- Ability to apply a precise value in % with the control switches, to have different switches send different values of one and unique modifier. IE you could set 3 switches with 3 different values of a delay mix for example. Switch 1 : 20%, switch 2 : 30%, switch 3 : 40%

- I feel the 4 extra switches have limited power compared to all the FC native switches. I wish they would just be like switches 13 to 16 on the FC-12 with the ability to assign them any functions just like a normal switch from the FC (without display and ring).

- Dual functions switches. IE : setup a switch so that it do two functions on a tap :
Select a scene + start looper record at the same time
Bypass 2 effects at the same time
Change channel on one block + send a midi command with a control switch
etc...

I really want to switch from my LF+12+ to the FC for ease of use, integration, single XLR cable and fractal style, but I can't deny (yet) that a few important things for me I do with the LF are not doable with the FC (yet).

These are all good ideas. I think they all came up at one point during beta testing.

I think he was asking for a way to increment/decrement other parameters than amp level. Like, for example if you tap switch 1, increment delay mix of 1%. If you tap switch 2, decrement delay mix by 1%. I don't think this can be achieved with modifiers (unless I miss something?).

Yeah, that’d be tough to pull off. I was thinking of it more as a delay mix boost controlled by a switch.

You’re envisioning it the worst possible way. The idea that had been put forth was that you have an effect switch that could invoke an intrinsic layout for picking channels. So two taps to switch channels. That’s better than multiple “Holds” to cycle through and it would be easier to time and there’d be no extraneous channel changes.
I'm probably being dense, but I still can't see how you could do this with less than 3 button presses? In your scenario, there is one press to switch mode to channel select mode and one press to switch the channel. How do you specify what effect you're changing the channel of?

- Ability to apply a precise value in % with the control switches, to have different switches send different values of one and unique modifier. IE you could set 3 switches with 3 different values of a delay mix for example. Switch 1 : Control switch 1 (CS1) : 20%, switch 2 : CS1 30%, switch 3 : CS1 40%

To speak to one of the items on your list: the above was in the spec, and was described by the engineer as "easy" but at a certain point one needs to freeze the feature set, launch, and move on. The fact that the FC and Axe-Fx III firmware are upgradeable makes all things possible. Also, I'm not positive, but I suppose it should be do-able for Inc/Dec Level and Save to become Inc/Dec Mix and Save, with more possible target effects than Amp 1 and Amp 2. The flavors really need to meld first. Let's see the FC in the hands of a first wave of customers before anyone imagines any additions.

For the FC12, Default Layout 4 shows the ability to switch between the different channels of an amp. My question is if it is possible to do this with both amp blocks. In other words you would have the following buttons: Amp1A, Amp1B, Amp1C, Amp1D, Amp2A, Amp2B, Amp2C, AmpD. Each button would be mutually exclusive. So if you were on Amp1B and you hit Amp2C, then only Amp2C would be on and active.

On the RJM GT footpedals with the XL+, this sort of thing could be done by;
1) Grouping the pedals so only one could be active at a time
2) Sending multiple commands with a button press. So for example, pressing the Amp2C button would send the following commands
a) Bypass Amp1 block
b) Select Channel C of Amp2
c) Enable Amp2 block

It doesn't look like this functionality is present on the FC because it doesn't look like you can group buttons or send multiple commands per button press. In the case of the Default Layout 4, stepping on the buttons will switch channels, but that is with the assumption that the amp block is actually active. They are switching channels only.

Is this correct?

To speak to one of the items on your list: the above was in the spec, and was described by the engineer as "easy" but at a certain point one needs to freeze the feature set, launch, and move on. The fact that the FC and Axe-Fx III firmware are upgradeable makes all things possible. Also, I'm not positive, but I suppose it should be do-able for Inc/Dec Level and Save to become Inc/Dec Mix and Save, with more possible target effects than Amp 1 and Amp 2. The flavors really need to meld first. Let's see the FC in the hands of a first wave of customers before anyone imagines any additions.

Thanks for answering and sharing some insights on the engineering process that run in the background for us. I know it is early to ask for wishes and additions, but my imagination went forward and I couldn't stop myself to write it out here^^. I am not in a hurry anyway, I will wait, and knowing what you do with the axe fx I am confident there will be some good improvement done on the FC over time.

For the FC12, Default Layout 4 shows the ability to switch between the different channels of an amp. My question is if it is possible to do this with both amp blocks. In other words you would have the following buttons: Amp1A, Amp1B, Amp1C, Amp1D, Amp2A, Amp2B, Amp2C, AmpD. Each button would be mutually exclusive. So if you were on Amp1B and you hit Amp2C, then only Amp2C would be on and active.

2) Sending multiple commands with a button press. So for example, pressing the Amp2C button would send the following commands
a) Bypass Amp1 block
c) Enable Amp2 block

It doesn't look like this functionality is present on the FC because it doesn't look like you can group buttons or send multiple commands per button press. In the case of the Default Layout 4, stepping on the buttons will switch channels, but that is with the assumption that the amp block is actually active. They are switching channels only.

Is this correct?
You can use scenes to solve that. I know it's not exactly what you were asking, but it's a solution.

Also, I think Control Switches might allow this, but I'm not 100% because I don't have any hands-on with CS. In this case, though, similar to scenes, the preset has to be setup for this specific scenario. Whereas with your use case, I guess it could be a "generic" switch.

I'm probably being dense, but I still can't see how you could do this with less than 3 button presses? In your scenario, there is one press to switch mode to channel select mode and one press to switch the channel. How do you specify what effect you're changing the channel of?

The same way you specify what effect you’re bypassing, channel toggling, etc.

Those can be controlled via modifiers today. Those modifiers can be assigned to a custom switch on an FC. Problem solved.
No.
Increment and modifiers are not the same.
Increment is much more precise and predictable. I bet you would not want to level your presets using modifiers.
Thats why i would love to have increment for other effects. I would love to step on a footswitch and know that i increased delay mix by set amount, if i need more mix i step again etc..

Last edited:
You can use scenes to solve that. I know it's not exactly what you were asking, but it's a solution.

Also, I think Control Switches might allow this, but I'm not 100% because I don't have any hands-on with CS. In this case, though, similar to scenes, the preset has to be setup for this specific scenario. Whereas with your use case, I guess it could be a "generic" switch.

Yes, I use scenes to change all my mix and other block level needs:cool:

a) Bypass Amp1 block
c) Enable Amp2 block

Is this correct?

You can create one group of exclusive CS switches globally. Smart Bypass might get you what you want in terms of the switching but I don’t think I ever tried doing it with two amp blocks. I will give that a try when I get to play guitar again (once my holiday chores are done).

You cannot do multiple functions per switch tap or hold. It definitely came up as a wish along the way and I have no doubt it will come up again.

so from reading this, it looks like have either Tap or Hold. is there currently any option for momentary style switching? for example, I frequently use my MC6 with "press" and "release" functions so that when I step on a switch something turns on and when I release it turns back off

Back
Top Bottom