FC-12 plus some Expression pedals - What board will you mount to?

Looking at this as well. I'm interested in the Temple Audio Design pedalboard system...this board has an interesting mounting system (quick release plates that mount to the pedal w/o velcro). The board (see link) is 12x34 and should be big enough for 2 Mission Pedals + FC-12. The have a pedalboard planner on their site...Also, need a bag/case to hold the board+pedals.

By using their pedalboard planner, I was able to estimate the layout (DUO34+FC12+2 Mission Pedals):
Temple Audio Duo34 FC-12 Mission.png
Anyone ever looked at these? Thx

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m thinking of ditching the one I use for just volume. I don’t really need it. But I might just go to the wider pedaltrain. Decisions decisions... :)
Yep ! Having that though also, current board has the MFC and 2 EV-1's. And the FC-12 will be pushing a EV-1 off my current board.
In my case I like leaving one of the expression pedals as a dedicated wah, just to tap into my inner Michael Schenker on demand.
But - - don't use the wah all that much either, but its just like a security blanket knowing its there full time.

For those of us that are too lazy to build, like me haha, there a half dozen companies that do this.........View attachment 46874
Could you link to some? Most of what I found was pedalboard/case combos.

I also am considering roadcaseusa.com instead of nycpedalboards.com as I the aluminum/laminate designs are more durable than carpet or tolex, and one thing I don't like about by current case is that the carpet already picks up "debris".

Looking at this as well. I'm interested in the Temple Audio Design pedalboard system...this board has an interesting mounting system (quick release plates that mount to the pedal w/o velcro). The board (see link) is 12x34 and should be big enough for 2 Mission Pedals + FC-12. The have a pedalboard planner on their site...Also, need a bag/case to hold the board+pedals.

By using their pedalboard planner, I was able to estimate the layout (DUO34+FC12+2 Mission Pedals):
I was considering a Duo 24 for my AX8 , it looked like the best solution for me that didn't cost close the price of the AX8. But I decided not to, mostly because I like my externals angled in an arc instead of straight... so they're also closer to me than the AX8. Now, if they made one that was curved - or better, hinged - that might make a difference. But otherwise, it's easier to just put everything on the floor; I can set it exactly where I want (sometimes I use a small rug to keep it cleaner). Plus, I can put the AX8 on my rack at home for easy programming access w/out a whole board sitting there.

I know a few people who have Templeboards for their stomp rigs and love them.

Yep ! Having that though also, current board has the MFC and 2 EV-1's. And the FC-12 will be pushing a EV-1 off my current board.
In my case I like leaving one of the expression pedals as a dedicated wah, just to tap into my inner Michael Schenker on demand.
But - - don't use the wah all that much either, but its just like a security blanket knowing its there full time.
Absolutely. Kirk Hammit would be incredibly disappointed in us if we didn’t have a wah in our rig! :p

Last edited:
I was considering a Duo 24 for my AX8 , it looked like the best solution for me that didn't cost close the price of the AX8. But I decided not to, mostly because I like my externals angled in an arc instead of straight... so they're also closer to me than the AX8. Now, if they made one that was curved - or better, hinged - that might make a difference. But otherwise, it's easier to just put everything on the floor; I can set it exactly where I want (sometimes I use a small rug to keep it cleaner). Plus, I can put the AX8 on my rack at home for easy programming access w/out a whole board sitting there.

I know a few people who have Templeboards for their stomp rigs and love them.
https://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/holeyboards/

I like that holeyboard concept, but I don't see one that is the size I want. I'm looking at NYC Pedalboards and may have him slightly tweak one of there designs so that I have room for a couple of Boss FC-6 add-on foot switches on a riser and the FC12 down below. I'll add expression pedals on the floor next to them so that I have some flexibility on placement.

I only use 2 expression pedals currently, but who knows... I may end up getting another one or even two with all the power the Axe-FX III has. Right now I most commonly use my Mission for wah and the Fractal for whammy effects.

View attachment 46880
Been considering them for awhile for my AX8 pedalboard because of all the connections you can add to them just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. But that looks like ideal for my III setup as well. FC-12 and 2 Missions pedals.

I like that holeyboard concept, but I don't see one that is the size I want. I'm looking at NYC Pedalboards and may have him slightly tweak one of there designs so that I have room for a couple of Boss FC-6 add-on foot switches on a riser and the FC12 down below. I'll add expression pedals on the floor next to them so that I have some flexibility on placement.

I only use 2 expression pedals currently, but who knows... I may end up getting another one or even two with all the power the Axe-FX III has. Right now I most commonly use my Mission for wah and the Fractal for whammy effects.
I'm looking at roadcasesusa.com right now, too... Another set of options.

Last edited:

View attachment 46880

I love my Temple board. I’ll hopefully be replaceing my Liquid Foot with an FC-6 sometime soon.

11EED246-0773-48A5-A89F-3BC0D58645FB.jpeg

My only criticism would be the optional jack I/O for the side of the board. Put your foot in the wrong place just one time, and it’s all over. I moved my midi cable to a break-out box underneath the board after breaking the jack several times.

EDIT: I just noticed that my blue LED's match my LF LCD which also matches the Axe III's blue logo. :eek:

A friend had the big temple board, and it was awful, flexed really bad. Gave it to me, and it sits collecting dust. Might be able to rig some kind of middle support.

Trailer Trash Pedalboards.

http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/flattrash-boards

fb0a5a26-45b1-4b42-bd5f-1b036c349f4b.jpg

Check nycpedalboards.com - I've had mine for 15+ years.

They have preset sizes and custom sizes... Which I'll probably be getting a new one as my current one can't house an FC-12 plus 4 Mission pedals.

I've been using them for years too. I wouldn't fly with it but great for around town.

Why on earth isn't the FC-12 made 19" wide, so it would fit in the lid of the rack case?
1) If it were narrower, the footswitches would be too close to each other.
2) It's 9" deep, so you'd need at least a 6RU rack to get it in.
3) It's 4" tall, so there wouldn't be room in the lid anyway.
4) Would you really want a a 15-lb chunk of gear knocking around loose in your rack?

Back
Top Bottom