FC-12 Mini Displays

creativespiral

Inspired
The functionality of the FC-12 is amazing! I love the flexibility of custom layouts and having per-preset overrides. It would be the perfect product to me if I could just read the Mini Displays. Mind you, I do occasionally wear glasses for night-time driving, and I did try using them with the FC and it helps.. so this might just be a case of "wear your damn glasses"... but I would love if there was some solution to improve readability just a bit.

I've played with all the brightness and contrast settings, but I wish there was a way to get just a bit more contrast / sharpness at lower backlight levels. For potential future generations, this would be my one request... Either larger mini-displays, or different LCDs with higher contrast.

Is it possible that anything can be adjusted in firmware to get slightly greater contrast?

Also was wondering, has anyone tried putting polarizing film over the displays? Would that possibly help to increase contrast? Was thinking about purchasing some to test.

Anyways, love the product overall!... a great step up from the MFC.

Larger mini displays, with room to show both the tap and hold functions, would be a boon, but I think it would add significantly to the cost.

Also was wondering, has anyone tried putting polarizing film over the displays? Would that possibly help to increase contrast? Was thinking about purchasing some to test.
You could try polarizing film, and see what you get, but with the FC's transflective displays, I think that would play hell with visibility under bright lighting. The light would pass through the film twice — once coming in, and once reflecting out — at different polarization angles. It couldn't hurt to try, though.

I'd look into plastic enlargement lenses. Either straight convex or fresnel. Make the display appear bigger. Won't handle the contrast.
I wear contacts so I don't have that issue, but if I did, that's what I'd do.

Back
Top Bottom