FC-12 arrives next week - uber-n00B question on Tap and Hold switch functions

Did you try FracPad on a (Windows/Mac) computer? That should allow LFO B Phase modifier assignment. I used it for that while borrowing an Axe III a few months ago.

Your details of the Virtual Toggle testing don't seem to agree with the release notes. I'm assuming when it took 4 presses to toggle, you tried 4 more presses to verify it wasn't just getting in sync and then toggling every other press.

If it kept requiring 4 presses, this might be programmed or documented incorrectly rather than a setup issue. It sounds like the ratio should be 2:1 at most, for a latching switch with "Virtual Toggle" selected. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-features-notes-for-firmware-5-07.150309/

Did you try FracPad on a (Windows/Mac) computer? That should allow LFO B Phase modifier assignment. I used it for that while borrowing an Axe III a few months ago.

Your details of the Virtual Toggle testing don't seem to agree with the release notes. I'm assuming when it took 4 presses to toggle, you tried 4 more presses to verify it wasn't just getting in sync and then toggling every other press.

If it kept requiring 4 presses, this might be programmed or documented incorrectly rather than a setup issue. It sounds like the ratio should be 2:1 at most, for a latching switch with "Virtual Toggle" selected. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-features-notes-for-firmware-5-07.150309/

Will go look for FracPad for Mac, then. :oops:
The Android app does not seem to have the capability, or it is hidden well enough that without RTFM'ing, it's beyond my ability to find it.

I think the Virtual Toggle actually was doing a 2:1 but that combined with the controller on the FC12 being set as "Latching"(which already made a 2:1 on its own) to make 2*2:1 or 4:1.
Other than as a prank setting adjustment on your AxeFX3-owning friend's unit, I don't see an application for either 2:1 or 4:1. :p

Thanks again for answering n00B questions! :)

That's what the LFO makes possible. Assign a stopped triangle LFO's B output to rate, with all change occurring above 55% or so. The exact curve doesn't matter since you can set damping to 0 and use low/high time constants in the block. Setting mid to 0 and maxing scale works.

PmzEH0n.png

Have one switch toggle LFO duty between 5% and 50% and the other toggle B phase between 18° & 180°. It doesn't matter which one gets the momentary switch.

HQMMfym.png
@Bakerman - due to what appears to be a bug recently introduced into AxeEdit3, this now is possible. I ended up having to flip the Min/Max in the modifier window, but I now can put two buttons - one momentarily applying NOT to the other, and control Rotary speed.

I hope they keep the bug. :)

Set the modifier so toe-down is the high speed that you want, and toe-up is your desired low speed. Switching between the two becomes dead simple, you get in-between positions if you want them, and as @lqdsnddist said, latching at any speed is as simple as taking your foot off the pedal.

You can do that regardless of your pedal arrangement. :)
I’m a keyboard player as well as guitarist, and have used on/off switches to turn the Leslie from slow to fast for years. Before I got the FX3 I had a Source Audio pedalboard, and I had ‘crafted’ a pretty decent rotary sim, but I had to use a pedal to change speeds. Hated it. I also don’t like “in between“ speeds; it just doesn’t sound right to me. So for guys like me, switches are much easier than using a pedal.

I’m a keyboard player as well as guitarist, and have used on/off switches to turn the Leslie from slow to fast for years. Before I got the FX3 I had a Source Audio pedalboard, and I had ‘crafted’ a pretty decent rotary sim, but I had to use a pedal to change speeds. Hated it. I also don’t like “in between“ speeds; it just doesn’t sound right to me. So for guys like me, switches are much easier than using a pedal.
This.
8ae.gif

Back
Top Bottom