Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Plexi 50w (high 1/2, jump, normal)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Blnknshp Leeds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sturla

Inspired
Please give your reasons in the comments, music style, guitar choice etc.

My self, I’m leaning towards the 1959 nrm, gain at 7, bass way down, and treble a little up. Instant vintage rock tone with a Les paul. I also like the Blankenship Leeds alot, and the jtm45.

And of course, what plexi style amps I’ve missed in the list.

JTM45 with Plexi 100 tone stack for me. Plexi 100W, 2204 and 1959slp are also nice, but there's something about the way the JTM sounds. It might be because I like Fender amps and it's based on a Bassman.

I recently started fiddling with the normal channels. I can't believe how much treble there has been in my sound after making the change from bright channel...

I still prefer the 100w jump. Jump, because those two gain controls are just great to have with this amp. I play an LTD Elan Expert with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker on the bridge and Seymour Duncan P-Rails on the neck. The 100w Plexi gives me a great sound with whatever pickup combination I chose. I love its dynamics and clarity! For a few weeks I tried to achive what I want with other amps like the Carol-Anns. Those are great, really great amps, but for me there's something about this 100w Plexi no other amp offers.

I use the 100w for my low gain sound. For higain I use the Angle Severe 1 (recordings) and the PVH 6160 Block / 5153 100W Red (live), for clean I use the ODS-100 Clean and the Double Verb Vib. Style is Metal.

I currently use the Plexi 100W Jump on the AX8 with an HSS Strat-style guitar. The guitar volume knob moves from punchy clean to Marshall overdrive. For more gain there's the Boost switch and a drive with X: TS808 OD and Y: Pi Fuzz. Covers a lot of bases (clean to medium gain).

The 1987X and 1959SLP deliver classic Marshall tone. The new Plexi 2204 is killer too. I think it's a matter of taste or how you feel that day. You can never have enough Marshalls.

I remember Cliff posting that the Plexi 50W 6550 is one of his favorites. I've gotten great Jimi Hendrix tones out of it.

Sometimes I think it's a shame the Marshall JVM410H amp (Brit JVM in the Axe FX) isn't more appreciated. It has an amazing palette of Marshall tones from vintage to modern. Still, if you've got the Axe FX then you can choose the original amp models instead of the JVM's take on them... :)

We need a thread like this for JCM800 family of modern Marshalls :).

My last amp before going Fractal was a jvm410 and 1960 cab. Used mostly the crunch channel and od1 green.

Really liked the amp when playing with the band, but 100 tube watts and 4x12 is unusable at home :)

Depends on my mood I guess.
I swap around the plexi 100, the 50, and the 2204.

People laught at me because all I use the axe for, 99% of time, is a plexi and a cab.
I don’t even save presets, I just have a preset with an amp block and a cab. So each time I have to play, I just pick up any of those models, tweak BMT and boom.

Was a 1987X Treble guy for a long time but for the past year or so it's been the 100W.

But... after the 1970 came I've had no interest in even trying the other ones. :)

I'm not super into the plexi sound, more of a recto guy, but I really like something about the 50W. Kind of a gritty half-way distorted tone that sounds great for certain types of leads.

was the 100w hi for a long time. since i got the axe 3 i've been using the 50w hi 2. seems to cover 90% of what i need at the moment

Back
Top Bottom