Favorite Coffee

I started drinking coffee as an adult last time I lived here in Hawaii - thanks to the birth of my third kid. Love me some Kona - fresh roasted whole bean ground up that morning.

HOWEVER - I also grew to love cuban coffee from my last couple years in Miami.

AND - I really like a blend I sometimes do with any generic Kirkland Whole Bean and a skosh of Pinon coffee. Mmm.

I ordered 2 of these:

Mornings ain't the same without a great cup or 2 of Java!!!

I'm partial to Columbian Coffee....Foldgers or others!!...Arabica will do fine!

I like those fancy ones 2 they make with fancy milk designs in the cup LOL!

Last edited:
No New Orleans folks here? Coffee w/ a little chicory in it - à la Cafe du Monde?
Well, now you’re approaching a treat that’s just wonderful: Vietnamese coffee. A small glass with a healthy dollop of sweetened condensed milk at the bottom, with a phin of Café du Monde on top, slowly easing the brew into the glass, one drop at a time. Then stir, and pour over crushed ice. Yum!

Last edited:
After years of trying every brand at home and many coffee shops and chains. Finally settled on my favorite. Not a big fan of stbux or other places that make it strong for strong’s sake or where the beans taste burned. I’ve also tried a lot of local shops including Blue Bottle out in San Francisco and a few other spots. I don’t go for tasting fruit notes in my coffee. I like a plain cup of neutral black coffee like the best version of a cup from an all-night diner. I found it and I brew it at home. Pictures below. Disclaimer: I have a very good burr grinder for the beans and a good coffee maker (Moccmaster by a company called Technivorm). Btw, I’m in Texas and honorable mention goes to another Austin company called Cuvée.
View attachment 86939

I’m always looking for good coffee options. I will give this a try. Thanks!

Always looking for good beans. Safeway has a good Columbian for everyday use.

My fave requires a rather long drive to Prescott, AZ. Usually obtained at Frozen Frannie's on the square, the coffee beans they sell are from Prescott Coffee Roasters, and roasted by an old friend and former bandmate. Mmmmm...Granite Mountain Gold....

Growing up in a very Italian family on LOng Island, maxwell House was it.
After leaving the nest I have always just stuck with Dunkin Donuts Coffee........Use a Kuerig and its all I need, as far as caffiene.
Not really a coffee connoisseur :)

Coffee is not unlike Craft Beer, eh? It's so boutiquey and regional.
I have not heard of a single one of the roasters posted here. I mean,
unless Folgers and Mawell House are considered "roasters." :)

Philz Silken Splendor is my all time favorite bean when I can get it. Which isn't very often these days. I had a thought to open a Philz here in town. I think it'd go over well. There's a fine line between a SF Hipster and a NH Live-Free-or-Die'er to be honest. They both drink a lot of coffee, like flannel, Red Wings and coif their beards real nice. :D

If I can't get Philz I usually got for Stumptown Holler Mtn or Hundred Mile.

Back
Top Bottom