Fate of Axe-Edit?

My Ultra will be around for at least a while after I snag a II, so I'm wondering how the two will coexist with Axe-Edit.

1. Will the new Axe-Edit extend the folder structure that currently has folders for Standard and Ultra, and automatically use the Standard, Ultra or FXII folders depending on which source is selected?

2. Will it be possible to run two instances of Axe-Edit, on connected to the Ultra and one to the FXII, at the same time? Probably moot, considering the resources required for Axe-Edit and my decision to buy an FXII rather than upgrade my computer. ;)

3. Will MIDI setup accommodate different settings for two boxes, e.g. Ultra uses MIDI B in/out, FXII uses USB MIDI, or will we have to reconfigure everything manually?

1. Will the new Axe-Edit extend the folder structure that currently has folders for Standard and Ultra, and automatically use the Standard, Ultra or FXII folders depending on which source is selected?
It will not "extend" it, it will be a separate structure in a user specified location - just like it is today. So you can have one "tree" structure for the Ultra/Std and a separate one for the FXII.

2. Will it be possible to run two instances of Axe-Edit, on connected to the Ultra and one to the FXII, at the same time? Probably moot, considering the resources required for Axe-Edit and my decision to buy an FXII rather than upgrade my computer. ;)
Yes, you can run two instances - assuming your computer has the resources [RAM] to handle both.

3. Will MIDI setup accommodate different settings for two boxes, e.g. Ultra uses MIDI B in/out, FXII uses USB MIDI, or will we have to reconfigure everything manually?
It will accommodate both. You can have the Ultra using midi drivers connected to one instance of AxeEdit, then have the FXII connected via USB and a 2nd instance of AxeEdit. You can also run a DAW and have audio (via USB) from the AXII going into it. But.. you will still have to tell the software which driver/route to use for which instance.

Yes, you can run two instances - assuming your computer has the resources [RAM] to handle both.

On a Mac how can I set that up so that one instance uses one configuration and another instance uses a separate config? With a Standard and an Ultra I would like to have separate ones that also point to different MIDI ports.

On a Mac how can I set that up so that one instance uses one configuration and another instance uses a separate config? With a Standard and an Ultra I would like to have separate ones that also point to different MIDI ports.
I'm not for sure on a Mac [I'm Mac-less], but (in theory) - install the app twice - into different locations and specify different locations for each workspace. Should create two unique installs.. each one can then reference a single AxeFx using a different midi channel. You would need to change the midi channel on that AxeFx (and in AxeEdit) to correspond to the specific AxeEdit install.. since default is midi ch 1.
So Axe #1 connects to AxeEdit #1
Axe #2 connects to AxeEdit #2 (change midi ch to something other than 1 - on both)
you can still share patches - by navigating to the other's repositories, and still have unique backup locations for each.

I'm not for sure on a Mac [I'm Mac-less], but (in theory) - install the app twice - into different locations and specify different locations for each workspace. Should create two unique installs.. each one can then reference a single AxeFx using a different midi channel. You would need to change the midi channel on that AxeFx (and in AxeEdit) to correspond to the specific AxeEdit install.. since default is midi ch 1.
So Axe #1 connects to AxeEdit #1
Axe #2 connects to AxeEdit #2 (change midi ch to something other than 1 - on both)
you can still share patches - by navigating to the other's repositories, and still have unique backup locations for each.

Thanks, I'll try giving this a shot when my Ultra arrives.

missed that, anyone got a link to the screenshot??
+1
I saw it, but did not save it and now I can't find it anymore. It looked really cool, with a Windows Explorer like preset browser. The screenshot made me sure Axe Edit 1.0 will be going to be part of the Countdown.

@ Zer0th
Axe-Edit 1.0 now with Axe-Manage
axeman.PNG

Last edited:
@ Zer0th
Axe-Edit 1.0 now with Axe-Manage
I notice that you have the IR section open. Are we able to save the file name of the actual IR in the slot in AxeEdit? I'm not talking about changing the name on the AxeFX itself, but to at least keep track of what we loaded via AxeEdit inside the editor?

And it's scalable? Hell yeah.

I notice that you have the IR section open. Are we able to save the file name of the actual IR in the slot in AxeEdit? I'm not talking about changing the name on the AxeFX itself, but to at least keep track of what we loaded via AxeEdit inside the editor?

And it's scalable? Hell yeah.
Yes and Yes.

Back
Top Bottom