FASLINK™ Adapters are here!

Are they auto-MDIX? As in, will they prevent equipment damage if accidentally using crossover CAT5/6 cables?

And.... wow.... $45 shipping to Canada? That's kinda crazy..

Are they auto-MDIX? As in, will they prevent equipment damage if accidentally using crossover CAT5/6 cables?

And.... wow.... $45 shipping to Canada? That's kinda crazy..

Yeah, not as bad in the US, but it still seems a little excessive. I had one in the cart ready to buy until I saw the cheapest shipping option was $17.40.

Are there any alternatives to Bestronics for short ethercon/ethernet patch cables?

[Wow. It actually appears as though their ethercon cables are among the least expensive available... It would really only take a 6in one to use with these. And of course, you can get a small length ethernet patch cable cheap if you look around.]
No real need for ethercon in that case. Just use an ethernet cable and call it good.

Yeah, not as bad in the US, but it still seems a little excessive. I had one in the cart ready to buy until I saw the cheapest shipping option was $17.40.

I have top agree, freight on all products is way too high. The little jacks would go in a "if it fits it ships" USPS box for $6.00. I about choked when I saw the freight on my Axe Fx II and MFC but just closed my eyes and sent my payment. The little jack had a $10.00 off so that helped with the shipping but still.

Yeah, I think FASlink is a great idea. And I know Fractal is a small company. But $50 for the unit plus $17.40 shipping to Kansas is pretty high IMO. For that price, I could probably buy two Ethercon cables, and not have the whole adapter/weak point thing. I waited to buy a MKIII for the Faslink, but IDK if it's honestly worth the price to me. yeah, I gig a lot, but I already have an ethercon, and I could easily buy two additional backups and be set. Meh I might still get one because XLR's are cool, haha

For me it's more about protecting the flimsy socket on the back of the MFC. There's a chance that the ethernet cable might get snagged at a gig and damage the socket, so I am interested in these. Ideally I'd like a short connecting cable, maybe only a few cm long then attach the adapter to my pedalboard.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_227 using Tapatalk

My faslnks saved me tonight from a potential disaster. Our singer tripped over the mic cable running between my two faslnks I have them cinched down on my pedalboard and rack so he jerked the mic cable out. Had it have been an Ethernet cable I would have been done

Hi everyone,
Please clarify a couple of things for me...

Does a FASLINK connection do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that an Ethernet connection does? YES or NO

If yes; does the FASLINK do it at ALL the same speed?

If no; what are the things you cannot do with the FASLINK?

Thanks
Spoons

Hi everyone,
Please clarify a couple of things for me...

Does a FASLINK connection do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that an Ethernet connection does? YES or NO

If yes; does the FASLINK do it at ALL the same speed?

If no; what are the things you cannot do with the FASLINK?

Thanks
Spoons

I'm using one with my original MFC MK1, and it works great. Same speed. It just feels more secure to me for some reason. Works the exact same as the Ethernet connection.

Reactions: yek
I've them last week and they work perfect. Does anyone have some tips how to mount them on your pedalboard/rack?

I've them last week and they work perfect. Does anyone have some tips how to mount them on your pedalboard/rack?

Don't have the FASLink adapters but would do something similar with RJ45 couplers on the Ethernet ports to prevent damage so concept is same.

Took the heavy duty velcro picture hangers and mounted coupler to board or rack. Then tied coupler down with 1 or 2 zip ties directly to board/rack.

The velcro would hold in place so coupler couldn't slide or shift position and zips securely locked it to board/rack... They weren't going to move when tripped over.

So I just bought an XA-1 but I can't come up with any good ideas as to how to mount it in my rack so that it's secure and that it's easy to access the XLR jack.
Any tips?

My rack is already pretty tight.
It's a 4-space short rack made by Gator.

I thought I might use Industrial Strength Velcro to mount it somewhere near the rear of the rack (with a short, 1' Ethernet cable) but the back rack rails would be in the way of easily accessing the XLR jack.
I also though about Velcro-ing it to the top of my Axe-FX, where I do have some space for that, but then it would be getting in the way of other cables, etc.

If the only way I can use this thing is by putting it on the floor with an Ethernet cable coming out of the Axe, then I'll probably return it because I'd rather just use the Ethernet cable alone.

Back
Top Bottom