FASFX-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm? So, why would I use this in my studio when I have my axefx in my studio? Or would this be for people that do not have an axefx? Or maybe for people that don't have their axefx setup at home for recording. I guess that would make sense. I have no need for it, but that's just one person. I can see the "fun" aspect I guess.

Hmmm? So, why would I use this in my studio when I have my axefx in my studio? Or would this be for people that do not have an axefx? Or maybe for people that don't have their axefx setup at home for recording. I guess that would make sense. I have no need for it, but that's just one person. I can see the "fun" aspect I guess.

I dont own an AXE FX, wish I did, but Im a guy who just got engaged, (ugh $$$$$ lol) and its too much for me right now, so a plug in would be really great because I could afford it. I would love to get an Axe FX next tax return though

Internet connection will be a no-go for sure. Some studios intentionally never connect their computers to the internet for security reasons. Actually that's also the case for my studio computer that stores all the IR's etc... it's meant to be a vault in a secret location. :D

Sure we'd all love to have the plugin. I mean... no need to reamp anything is the #1 feature I'm interested in.

This is actually such a good product idea that I'm afraid super hackers and crackers will hack and crack the impossible. That's all I'm saying.

I dont own an AXE FX, wish I did, but Im a guy who just got engaged, (ugh $$$$$ lol) and its too much for me right now, so a plug in would be really great because I could afford it. I would love to get an Axe FX next tax return though
I know-that's why I mentioned non-axefx owners as one of the peeps I thought this would be good for.

Obviously everyone is trying to guess what will come out for software protection. I agree with ML Soundlab on the no internet thing. I didnt think of it that way, and I can see how that can be really troublesome if you want to go offline. Will crackers try to crack it? Maybe, but if I was a developer, and could have the chance to move a small portion of my product that users highly demand, I would do it regardless of piracy. No matter what, its going to sell. People will buy it, and as time goes on, and piracy protection gets stronger, the majority will be customers, and the minority will be crack users.

I completely agree, it would be a great product and a no brainer for FAS to persue. I too hope they can make it secure from hacking. FAS's strongest defense is their support. People are right in that the continuous updates will push people to pay for their official license though. I'm sure Fractal is on top of it either way. Excited for their future.

Lets switch it up a bit.

What would anyone like to see in a FAS-Amp plug in?

An Amp Store?
Tone Match?
Dual Amps?
Match EQ/Tone Matching/Profiling is so 2014. No offence.. I was the guy who spoke for it the most back in the day but it's so boring. The Axe-Fx was created so no one has to result to things like that. :) I know many pros and people in here use tone matching so I have nothing against it but personally I wouldn't use it. Just being able to load an amp sim with at least the basic amp settings and a cab block that loads Fractal IR's and possibly .wav IR's/converts them to UltraRes 2.0. That's all that's needed for an amp plugin if you ask me.

Match EQ/Tone Matching/Profiling is so 2014. No offence.. I was the guy who spoke for it the most back in the day but it's so boring. The Axe-Fx was created so no one has to result to things like that. :) I know many pros and people in here use tone matching so I have nothing against it but personally I wouldn't use it. Just being able to load an amp sim with at least the basic amp settings and a cab block that loads Fractal IR's and possibly .wav IR's/converts them to UltraRes 2.0. That's all that's needed for an amp plugin if you ask me.

Oh yea, I agree. I would love a basic amp sim, or choice of whatever amp sim you wanna buy that loads into the plug in, with a stripped down Cab Lab built in to load IR's would be sick. I would just take the amp and be happy as I would just use Cab Lab regardless. I have a feeling its just going to be an Amp plug in. Probably an amp block loader to load whatever amp you wanna buy from their library if thats the direction they go.

What we have seen over the years would suggest they will be NO separate anything - just a bunch of everything or it gets real confusing. Many wanted FAS to just sell the certain amp\cab packs etc for the AX8, like your favorites so the price would be lower.
That did not fly obviously so ..........this was hinted at here I believe...Just MHO of course

What I would purchase is a full AxefxII in plugin format, with universal compatible presets between hardware/software, so I can use the same sounds when Im in the studio or playing live.
What is so good about the Axe is that it can do all that with a high quality so break it in small pieces would much less useful, at least me I hate when I need to run various plugins or multiple pedals to make a single guitar sound, thats why the axe/ax8 is so good, you dont need anymore.
Discount the price of the hardware and sell it at an attractive price, dont know how much is it, maybe 600$.

What I would purchase is a full AxefxII in plugin format, with universal compatible presets between hardware/software, so I can use the same sounds when Im in the studio or playing live.
What is so good about the Axe is that it can do all that with a high quality so break it in small pieces would much less useful, at least me I hate when I need to run various plugins or multiple pedals to make a single guitar sound, thats why the axe/ax8 is so good, you dont need anymore.
Discount the price of the hardware and sell it at an attractive price, dont know how much is it, maybe 600$.

Yep, just give me the Firmware with all the shebang in it as a VST3 plugin for my DAW and you made me as happy as anything gear related could ever do. No a la carte amp picking, no cuts on the FX, just the whole thing, and charge me properly for it. I said before I would pay up to $1000 for such a thing, and if it is the complete package with all amps / cabs / FX and every FW update will be available for free as for the hardware owners, I stand by that statement.

Copy protection will almost certainly be iLok 2, it is still the best, many have it (all the ProTools guys anyway), and they chose it for the Reverb.

The thing that would bother me the most is the input stage - the models sound differently through different DI's, so depending on what audio Interface or preamp or DI you use, it will be better or worse. Therefore, a dedicated Fractal DI for using with the plugin, that only requires a half way decent line in / AD converter behind it, wouzld be awesome.

Yep, just give me the Firmware with all the shebang in it as a VST3 plugin for my DAW and you made me as happy as anything gear related could ever do. No a la carte amp picking, no cuts on the FX, just the whole thing, and charge me properly for it. I said before I would pay up to $1000 for such a thing, and if it is the complete package with all amps / cabs / FX and every FW update will be available for free as for the hardware owners, I stand by that statement.

Copy protection will almost certainly be iLok 2, it is still the best, many have it (all the ProTools guys anyway), and they chose it for the Reverb.

The thing that would bother me the most is the input stage - the models sound differently through different DI's, so depending on what audio Interface or preamp or DI you use, it will be better or worse. Therefore, a dedicated Fractal DI for using with the plugin, that only requires a half way decent line in / AD converter behind it, wouzld be awesome.

I personally like having both choices. So lets say they release the full Axe, but at that price point you suggested. However, you can just start off with whatever blocks you wanna buy, rather than having no other choice but to drop $1000 right off the bat. I mean, its just my opinion, others may not feel the same, but at least you make everyone happy by doing that. So lets say I buy an Amp block that comes with some amps for $200, and a Cab loader block for $50. Thats a good start. Then I would, over time, buy effects that I want and so forth.

I still happen to think that they will not go in this direction considering FASFX-Reverb. Its a singular plug in. Why would they release that alone, and then come out with a full Axe Fx suite? Just doesnt make sense. Thats why I think its going to be FAS-Amp. Just one singular Amp plug in that can give you access to their amps. I could be 100% wrong though

What we have seen over the years would suggest they will be NO separate anything - just a bunch of everything or it gets real confusing. Many wanted FAS to just sell the certain amp\cab packs etc for the AX8, like your favorites so the price would be lower.
That did not fly obviously so ..........this was hinted at here I believe...Just MHO of course

FASFX-Reverb. Why would they release that as a separate plug in? Unless they are planning to release separate plug ins.

Everyone has is own opinion, but 1000 € for a suite of amps/effects when other similar products are priced around 300/350$ seems really overpriced, IMHO of course. Yes its better than others, but it needs to be competitive if they want to sell well. At this price, sadly I will not purchase it.
Also I think has been mentioned previously in this forum that the hardware costs far more than 500$.
Maybe where can be made cuts is in the amount of amps, more than 200 is really exaggerated to me at least.
Well all that is pure speculation hopefully soon we left doubts, Im years waiting for a software version of the Axe-Fx, I am of the opinion that this if it has a reasonable price would be a success.

Man... I would sell my axe fx 2 so fast. Buy the plugin, matched with Cab Lab and FAS Reverb for recording and buy an Ax8 for live use.

i've been thinking about selling my MFC and buying an Ax8, keeping the axe fx 2 just for studio use. This would fix all my problems.

I'm thinking this is a good solution for those that have studios.

Last edited:
Of course I would be much happier if it was only $600 or even $350, too! :)

And of course an option to buy only a few blocks for those who don't want the whole package would be great. I, for my part, would go for the whole of it, and if all the blocks are available separately, then they might sum up to more than what I would hope to spend, given the price of the FAS Reverb plugin, $200 for a single block, although with improved functionality and sound. Maybe a discount model might be a good way - the more blocks you buy, the more discount you get.

Well, it's all only speculation right now, the only thing that is safe to assume from Cliff's comment to the OP is that an amp plugin will come out, and I think we can safely assume iLok2 protection since that is used for the reverb. I for one will immediately sell my Axe Fx II and buy the plugin, I am a studio/recording guy and play no live gigs at all, a plugin with Fractal models is ten times more convenient for me.

Of course I would be much happier if it was only $600 or even $350, too! :)

And of course an option to buy only a few blocks for those who don't want the whole package would be great. I, for my part, would go for the whole of it, and if all the blocks are available separately, then they might sum up to more than what I would hope to spend, given the price of the FAS Reverb plugin, $200 for a single block, although with improved functionality and sound. Maybe a discount model might be a good way - the more blocks you buy, the more discount you get.

Well, it's all only speculation right now, the only thing that is safe to assume from Cliff's comment to the OP is that an amp plugin will come out, and I think we can safely assume iLok2 protection since that is used for the reverb. I for one will immediately sell my Axe Fx II and buy the plugin, I am a studio/recording guy and play no live gigs at all, a plugin with Fractal models is ten times more convenient for me.

Yeah Amp block and Distortion block. Mixed with Cab Lab and Reverb you're all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom