FASFX-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cliff necrobumped this thread it's for something i guess, pretty soon

Yea its pretty exciting to think there is something on the horizon that actually sounds fantastic. I have Amplitube, Revalver, Bias, and while they sound ok, non of them could even come close to my 5150 iii. So Im pretty excited to think guys like me who dont have an Axe FX, could at least utilize a FAS-Amp plug in.

Users that are OCD collector types like me always get hosed in ala carte models like this. Please at least do some bundles if you do a by-the-block paradigm. For my family's sake; my children will need to go to college some day. :p:cool:
I'm pretty sure Cliff was responding more the the Axe-fx VST (Axe-PC) more so than the 'ala cart'... I can't even imagine the headaches that FAS would have to endure if they ever went 'ala cart' with anything.

If the amp models are doable then the whole kit and kaboodle should be ditto. Presumably [seeing as memory isn't constrained] without fixed block instance count limitations.

With the typically frequent updates, especially to the amps, everyone always wants the latest and greatest. So if a FAS release ever did get cracked and spread to the wild, it would be a matter of days or weeks until a new version arrived fully locked up again. Sure, it could eventually be cracked again, but that cat and mouse game is SO frustrating. Aside from the ethical issue and the high risk of virus and malware using cracked software.

That scenario could even drive new sales. Like drug dealers giving the first taste for free :) Get more people hooked, then when they get frustrated dealing with cracked stuff they'll buy in, some might even go for the hardware version.

I like to think that most people who mess with pirated software don't have the money anyway.

With the typically frequent updates, especially to the amps, everyone always wants the latest and greatest. So if a FAS release ever did get cracked and spread to the wild, it would be a matter of days or weeks until a new version arrived fully locked up again. Sure, it could eventually be cracked again, but that cat and mouse game is SO frustrating. Aside from the ethical issue and the high risk of virus and malware using cracked software.

That scenario could even drive new sales. Like drug dealers giving the first taste for free :) Get more people hooked, then when they get frustrated dealing with cracked stuff they'll buy in, some might even go for the hardware version.

I like to think that most people who mess with pirated software don't have the money anyway.

Yea, I happen to think that cracked software is becoming less and less appealing for producers because companies offer incredible updates. Over the years, the companies like XFER, Native Instruments, and different DAW companies like Cubase, and Ableton continue to provide excellent updates. I could never even imagine getting a crack that would just end up crashing my projects.

Yea its pretty exciting to think there is something on the horizon that actually sounds fantastic. I have Amplitube, Revalver, Bias, and while they sound ok, non of them could even come close to my 5150 iii. So Im pretty excited to think guys like me who dont have an Axe FX, could at least utilize a FAS-Amp plug in.
Have you tried TSE X50? I would have bought that instead of an Axe-FX if I was a 5150 kind of guy.

Bias has been cracked, but i guess they still sell a ton...
Well yeah but Bias has a quantity selling business model and their product costs $69 right now while an AX8 (cheapest way to get FAS amp modeling) still costs $1400. It's not comparable. Just think of it this way: How many people out there want Bias but can't afford it? How many people out there want FAS amp modeling but can't afford it?

Obviously my opinion would be to go for the FAS amp models but only once it's sure that it's 100% un-crackable. I would go as far as adding a piece of hardware like UAD to ensure that it can't be used without it. Throw an addition processor in there or something since I'm sure the amp sims will drain a traditional CPU really fast.

It seems to me that, at least in my perfect fantasy world, an FAS collaboration with UAD would be welcome and potentially amazing, solving the piracy issue, and considering that the recent Marshall and Deluxe Tweed plugins are, to my ear, the closest to FAS quality I've heard, I can only imagine what Cliff could do in that environment.

Well yeah but Bias has a quantity selling business model and their product costs $69 right now while an AX8 (cheapest way to get FAS amp modeling) still costs $1400. It's not comparable. Just think of it this way: How many people out there want Bias but can't afford it? How many people out there want FAS amp modeling but can't afford it?

Obviously my opinion would be to go for the FAS amp models but only once it's sure that it's 100% un-crackable. I would go as far as adding a piece of hardware like UAD to ensure that it can't be used without it. Throw an addition processor in there or something since I'm sure the amp sims will drain a traditional CPU really fast.

Take a look at Propellerhead Reason 8. Absolutely zero cracks. There is an email verification system that only lets you access Reason once you are logged into your account. Try looking online for a crack for Reason 8, if anyone can find a legit crack, I would be extremely surprised. If Propellerhead can stop cracks of their software with intuitive verication process, than so can FAS. Can anyone find a crack of FAS Reverb? No....So why not give Fractal a chance to show people what they got? I say lets just trust that they know what they are doing, and they will come out with an intuitive verification system to prevent cracks. If ilok seems to be working out well so far, as the FAS-Reverb hasnt been cracked, than I think its safe to say it works thus far.

Better to not jump to conclusions, I have a good feeling this will be a great financial success for Fractal

Take a look at Propellerhead Reason 8. Absolutely zero cracks. There is an email verification system that only lets you access Reason once you are logged into your account.
Sweet. An amp plugin that requires an internet connection! :mad:
iLok or dedicated hardware (ala UAD) is much more likely given that they have already developed stuff that uses iLok.I doubt FAS wants to waste their software development resource developing anti-piracy tech, which is notoriously difficult to get right on the first cut, in house, when they have turn key solutions in place already.

Sweet. An amp plugin that requires an internet connection! :mad:
iLok or dedicated hardware (ala UAD) is much more likely given that they have already developed stuff that uses iLok.I doubt FAS wants to waste their software development resource developing anti-piracy tech, which is notoriously difficult to get right on the first cut, in house, when they have turn key solutions in place already.

Dedicated Hardware to prevent cracks is a good idea, like UAD. I def agree with that.

Another big vote for an AXEFXII in plugin format!
There are lots of software not cracked with dongles and without dongles, so three are very valid solutions. Ilok is one with so many years without being cracked until recently where only some software was cracked (im sure they changed already their scheme of protection).
A solution like UAD (which no one but UAD does) would make it much more expensive and much less attractive so much less sales. Why I would want a box with dsps when a pc/mac is so powerful today. Someone said that can run so many instances of the reverb plugin in a old laptop, do the maths the reverb is one of the most demanding, so you can run easily many AXEFX in your daw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom