FAMC Liquid Foot Support is back!

GotMetalBoy

Power User
FAMC, the maker of the Liquid Foot+ (LF+) MIDI Foot Controllers has been plagued with issues in the past few years but they seem to have recently resolved most of them. The owner Jeff and his Support team have been replying to support tickets within a day and have been replying to peoples post on their forum.

I created a new ticket and received multiple replies within a few hours! The majority of my issues, bugs and questions have been resolved and answered.

If anyone had issues using multiple LF+ in Expander mode, install the newest firmware update that was released this week. If you still have issues, create a support ticket with them.

I'm going to be updating my LF+ Tutorial:
* http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

I'm going to be updating the section "How To Setup LF+ and Axe-Fx II Realtime Sync" and add some tweaks that should make the Axe-Fx II and LF+ real-time sync faster.
* http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...ow_To_Setup_LF.2B_and_Axe-Fx_II_Realtime_Sync

Also, a FAMC forum member created a Facebook Group: FAMC Music\Liquid Foot Discussion, where people can talk about their FAMC gear.
* https://www.facebook.com/groups/216599485472143/

I have no association with FAMC. I just own a couple of their MIDI Foot Controllers and glad they now have Tech Support and my MFC's won't hopefully turn into expensive paperweights.

It's been over 2 months since I made this post and FAMC's support has been amazing!

Jeff, FAMC's owner, has been helping me the past few days with a bunch of issues and questions and as of a couple minutes ago, everything is resolved! I really didn't expect to get replies on the weekend but he stayed right on top of my tickets and replied super fast. He even updated the Firmware twice within hours of me submitting my tickets.

My LF+ can now change the XL+'s XY states for the Compressor, Gate, GEQ, Mixer, PEQ and Tremolo and the foot switch button displays auto sync the XY state when a preset is selected!

Jeff also helped me setup my 12+ and PRO+ in Master/Expander mode and everything works great!

Last edited:
I am just a midi noob, but had a real great experience with jeff and his crew. I've had some problems with my lf+ mini, they've answered my questions within minutes each time. Biggest issue with the mini was me!!

Now i understand the way to use it much better, and am amazed on how easy this little device worked out for me.

Hey guys .Can the AX8 be controlled by any of the LF+ controllers?

Yes, it can control anything that accepts MIDI but it can't sync the colored screens for the On/Off/X/Y states for the AX8 but I think the only difference between the Axe-Fx II and the AX8 is the MIDI Model ID, so I'm sure Jeff could add it pretty easily if requested.

I was actually thinking about getting an AX8 and using my LF+ in Song mode. I was really bummed when I found out the AX8 doesn't have a Song or Set List mode. I was hoping the AX8 would be able to do most of the things the Axe-Fx II could do and everything the MFC-101 could do. I'm really surprised that no multi-FX pedal has a song or set list mode. Once you use the song mode in a LF+ there's nothing that compares.

Yes, it can control anything that accepts MIDI but it can't sync the colored screens for the On/Off/X/Y states for the AX8 but I think the only difference between the Axe-Fx II and the AX8 is the MIDI Model ID, so I'm sure Jeff could add it pretty easily if requested.

I was actually thinking about getting an AX8 and using my LF+ in Song mode. I was really bummed when I found out the AX8 doesn't have a Song or Set List mode. I was hoping the AX8 would be able to do most of the things the Axe-Fx II could do and everything the MFC-101 could do. I'm really surprised that no multi-FX pedal has a song or set list mode. Once you use the song mode in a LF+ there's nothing that compares.
Cool thanks , I basically wanted to switch between say 4 scenes and or control switches and 2 filter blocks with a LF mini (8button) leaving the 8 switches free on the AX8 to switch ex's on off.

Cool thanks , I basically wanted to switch between say 4 scenes and or control switches and 2 filter blocks with a LF mini (8button) leaving the 8 switches free on the AX8 to switch ex's on off.

Yes, you would be able to do all that with a LF+ mini. I've never looked at the CC #'s for the AX8 but if they're the same as the Axe-Fx II, you could just run the Axe-Fx II wizard which configures the LF+ to work with an Axe-Fx II and then turn off all the real-time syncing and manually setup what you want the LF+ mini to control on your AX8.

@rodzimguitar68 configures his LF+ manually and doesn't use the real-time sync functions.

@Nero would know what's different between the AX8 and Axe-Fx II MIDI sysex.

Cool thanks so much for the info and positive heads up on this.The AX 8 is an awesome device it just doesn't seem to have enough switches on it's own. Cheers

Thanks for the heads up. I've pretty much given up. Not that Jeff hasn't been great once he gets to me. But my LF+12+ just sits there in its case. When I have the time I'll pull it out and try to get it working again.

Cool thanks so much for the info and positive heads up on this.The AX 8 is an awesome device it just doesn't seem to have enough switches on it's own. Cheers

I originally bought a LF+ PRO+ which has 24 switches. Then I bought a used 12+ to save space but now I use both and have 36 switches with 2 external switches and 4 Boss FV500 expression pedals. You can never have enough switches.

What issues? I can't remember. It's been too long. Periodically the editor just doesn't work for the Mac. I have to continually do the sudo paste thing. Then it still doesn't work. Works then it doesn't. I don't know why he didn't just program it so you don't have to jump through those Apple hoops.

What issues? I can't remember. It's been too long. Periodically the editor just doesn't work for the Mac. I have to continually do the sudo paste thing. Then it still doesn't work. Works then it doesn't. I don't know why he didn't just program it so you don't have to jump through those Apple hoops.

I don't use a Mac but some people have said the newest version v4.70 seems to work but some people had to delete the config.dat file. They said for OS-X, it's located in /Users/<user name>/Documents/FAMC). The file to delete is called "Config.dat". For Windows:, C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\FAMC\config.dat

I was having issues with previous firmwares and LF+ Editors but so far Firmware v4.69 and LF+ Editor v4.70 have been working great. The only issue I've had is with the tap tempo but I have to experiment a little more with the 2 settings in the LF+ and the Axe-Fx II. It seems to not calculate correctly when tapping a tempo above 120 BPM. The Auto Tap Tempo command seems to be working though, so as a workaround I created a page with Auto Tap tempos from 60 BPM to 200 BPM in 10 BPM increments.

Thank you. I'll check it out. I've been using the AX8. I use the LF+12+ with my Axe Fx IIXL+ which has been as necessary since I'm just using it in my studio. When I have time I'll pull it out again.

Back
Top Bottom