Facebook Groups

jamn4jc

Experienced
There are numerous Facebook groups using "Fractal Audio" in the title. Some are decent, some are not. I'm guessing many/most of these are not official groups run by Fractal and are just people "squatting" on the name. I'm just curious if Fractal Audio has any way to protect its name, image and brand if one of these groups gets out of hand. Or, are Facebook groups pretty much "anything goes"?

I'm just curious if Fractal Audio has any way to protect its name, image and brand if one of these groups gets out of hand.
Facebook couldn't (or couldn't be bothered to) identify and avert a criminal perversion of our electoral system, you think they have the capability or even the desire do anything about protecting the rep of a small business in New Hampshire? They watch all this happening as if the world is their experiment in social engineering. They don't give a flying f at a rolling donut what happens, no matter what Zuckerberg or Cheryl Sandberg or any of the rest of them have to say out loud about it.

Facebook couldn't (or couldn't be bothered to) identify and avert a criminal perversion of our electoral system, you think they have the capability or even the desire do anything about protecting the rep of a small business in New Hampshire? They watch all this happening as if the world is their experiment in social engineering. They don't give a flying f at a rolling donut what happens, no matter what Zuckerberg or Cheryl Sandberg or any of the rest of them have to say out loud about it.

Damn right.

I'm assuming everyone knows facebook spies on you... I believe the mobile app was proven to listen to your conversations so when you logged in ads would show up from keywords in your conversation. They also create profiles on you with the social media. I know of a company that gathers and uses this info for marketing purposes sooooo.... if you're logged in they are watching.

I'm assuming everyone knows facebook spies on you... I believe the mobile app was proven to listen to your conversations so when you logged in ads would show up from keywords in your conversation. They also create profiles on you with the social media. I know of a company that gathers and uses this info for marketing purposes sooooo.... if you're logged in they are watching.

Listening in via a device mic without user consent would be illegal in most countries.

I hate FB as much as the next guy, but this seems far fetched even for them.

Reactions: Ole
Listening in via a device mic without user consent would be illegal in most countries.

I'm pretty sure they skirted it by saying it was for "advertising purposes" I'll see if I can find the info. And that's another problem... I'm not saying you personally so please don't take it that way but people or "sheeple" in general just don't believe the truth when it's right in front of them. It's almost like "too good to be true"

This is a good article explaining both sides of the argument...
http://digg.com/2017/facebook-phone-microphone-ads

This one is convinced....
https://mashable.com/2017/11/01/facebook-microphone-spying-ads-preventing/#aPvslsAjsOqw
"First of all, the thought that Facebook listens to its users through phone and computer microphones isn't that far fetched. In fact, the company has admitted it does do this — albeit in a limited fashion and only "if you have given our app permission and if you are actively using a specific feature that requires audio."

This says no
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ou-microphone-creepy-data-conspiracy-theories

The truth is somewhere in between

And I don't think Snopes is on the level so I never use them as a source.

~SS

When you use voice recognition on your phone or tablet, your voice is carried to Apple or Google or whomever you use so it can be analyzed. That's how your "smart" phone figures out what you said, so it knows what to do. Whenever you use most apps that need your microphone or camera to work, your mic or camera data is sent to some company's server where it is, at least temporarily, stored as a file. You gave them permission to do that when you clicked "I agree."

That's bad enough. But here's the real kicker: if you read the privacy policies of those companies, you'll see that each company has "trusted partners" with whom they share information "from time to time." And if you read the privacy policy of those "trusted partners" (good luck finding out who the trusted partners are), you'll see that each partner has their own "trusted partners" that they share data with from time to time. And that second level of trusted partners shares data with a third level of partners, and on and on. If you worked at it full-time for a month, you couldn't track down all the "trusted partners" and figure out what they have legal access to.

When you clicked "I agree," you gave thousands of organizations explicit permission to watch and listen through the device you keep with you all day and all night.

When you use voice recognition on your phone or tablet, your voice is carried to Apple or Google or whomever you use so it can be analyzed. That's how your "smart" phone figures out what you said, so it knows what to do. Whenever you use most apps that need your microphone or camera to work, your mic or camera data is sent to some company's server where it is, at least temporarily, stored as a file. You gave them permission to do that when you clicked "I agree."

That's bad enough. But here's the real kicker: if you read the privacy policies of those companies, you'll see that each company has "trusted partners" with whom they share information "from time to time." And if you read the privacy policy of those "trusted partners" (good luck finding out who the trusted partners are), you'll see that each partner has their own "trusted partners" that they share data with from time to time. And that second level of trusted partners shares data with a third level of partners, and on and on. If you worked at it full-time for a month, you couldn't track down all the "trusted partners" and figure out what they have legal access to.

When you clicked "I agree," you gave thousands of organizations explicit permission to watch and listen through the device you keep with you all day and all night.

Another good reminder to be extra judicious with the Privacy controls on your phone. I do use Siri so maybe I’m compromised there, but I don’t grant access to the mic or camera for many other apps. Of course that’s trusting Apple...

Apple is bad enough ( in light of their admittance to slowing down devices , to encourage people to buy new ones ) , and they are likely the most "trust worthy" , of the on going "trusted partners."

They've got you coming and going. You either can't use the majority of apps/programs , or you AGREE. There goes your privacy. Orwell saw some of this coming in 1949.

i was under the impression that Apple slowed down phones so they wouldn't shut off randomly. i'd rather have a slower old phone than one that turns off unexpectedly while i'm using it due to an app that uses too much battery suddenly.

tech is moving at an exponential rate. new chips are being made so fast, and the older chips - sometimes within the same year - just can't handle the same thing.

i was under the impression that Apple slowed down phones so they wouldn't shut off randomly. i'd rather have a slower old phone than one that turns off unexpectedly while i'm using it due to an app that uses too much battery suddenly.

tech is moving at an exponential rate. new chips are being made so fast, and the older chips - sometimes within the same year - just can't handle the same thing.

The numerous lawsuits ; from credible sources , regarding this matter , are a pretty good indication of foul play.
You're in the dark if you think they (Apple) neglected to tell hundreds of millions of potential new buyers , that they slowed down their phone's operating speeds , purely to be "nice". I've used and owned Apple products for over 20 years -BTW

The numerous lawsuits ; from credible sources , regarding this matter , are a pretty good indication of foul play.
You're in the dark if you think they (Apple) neglected to tell hundreds of millions of potential new buyers , that they slowed down their phone's operating speeds , purely to be "nice". I've used and owned Apple products for over 20 years -BTW

I’m with Chris on this one; Apple made it really clear they only slowed performance for stability purposes. I think people want to see nefarious intent due to anti Apple biases. Propaganda works, mind your mind.

Apple wouldn't have even said that much unless they weren't trapped in a corner like a rat in a cage.

I love how you think these companies and the people who run them care about laws. They're using the cover of "all this stuff is new" to run their game however they see fit. I submit Apple's refusal to assist the FBI after the San Bernardino shooting as Exhibit A.

Back
Top Bottom