F*&@#$^% Microsoft

Since we're all groaning about Outlook...
WTF is going on with their UI. It seems they just keep slapping new things on without rhyme or reason.. there's buttons and icons in all parts of the title bar, then random icons in the menu itself, and then a couple of random buttons that don't look like anything else thrown in... and that's before you get to the action bar in which it's impossible to find anything because every group is a bunch of different sized elements, sometimes in a vertical list, sometimes horizontal, or sometimes a grid... I just don't get where they're trying to go with this.

View attachment 70641
"Design by Committee" at its "finest"....
MEME2020-07-24-10-25-55.jpg

WTF is going on with their UI. It seems they just keep slapping new things on without rhyme or reason.. there's buttons and icons in all parts of the title bar, then random icons in the menu itself, and then a couple of random buttons that don't look like anything else thrown in... and that's before you get to the action bar in which it's impossible to find anything because every group is a bunch of different sized elements, sometimes in a vertical list, sometimes horizontal, or sometimes a grid... I just don't get where they're trying to go with this.

View attachment 70641
wtf where is your dumb ass garbage can icon ms just shoved down our ui? what version are you on?
1595659582302.png

View attachment 70641
Yeah, I hate the whole UI design of the latest MS stuff. The latest Outlook is especially absurd in that the Reply button isn't even on the ribbon bar anymore. It's party of the reading pane. Just no consistency.

My wife always says "You need to learn the technology" like it or not it is what it is... frankly I was over office 2010 when I got office 2013... now that I'm on 2016 I'm in no way wishing I was on 2010... you can keep using it no one is stopping you ;)

Windows 10 just pushed an update on me yesterday (a rather lengthy one). After completion and automatic reboot, I was greeted with the message:

The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. The User Profile cannot be loaded.

Windows would not let me in. It wouldn't even let me type a password or try as administrator. I had to use my Windows 7 machine to search for a solution, which involved booting into Safe Mode and manually editing several registry entities. What kind of bullshit is this?

I am here to tell you that operating system software on real computers worked much better 40 years ago than it does today. And in my certainly biased opinion, this is mostly because of what microsoft has done to destroy it from the ground up since then.

I am here to tell you that operating system software on real computers worked much better 40 years ago than it does today. And in my certainly biased opinion, this is mostly because of what microsoft has done to destroy it from the ground up since then.
There were probably fewer personal computers in the world then than you have devices in your house now. Exaggeration, but not by much...

I love my Mac lol. The interface in general is kinda cumbersome at first but once u get used to it it's cool. Had that old dog for 7 yrs never updated anything and still works like a charm
Yup, using a 2009 iMac that has never given me one issue except a power supply that went down and was easily fixed (by me). I'll be upgrading this year to another Mac but only because I want more RAM and my current one maxes out at 8gb.

In today's Microsoft follies:
The Photos "App" no longer reliably opens .gif files. I've tried repairing it, resetting it, nothing works. So I figured "okay, I'll just use the old Windows Photo Viewer PROGRAM (none of this app BS)". Uh... it's gone. They deleted the executable in one of their "updates". Supposedly the .dll is still on the computer and I can use that by editing the registry but...

I'm guessing in a couple weeks I'll get the "Microsoft Photos is moving!!! Try Microsoft Photo Viewer!!! Now on sale for only $4.99!".

Windows 10 just pushed an update on me yesterday (a rather lengthy one). After completion and automatic reboot, I was greeted with the message:

The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. The User Profile cannot be loaded.

Windows would not let me in. It wouldn't even let me type a password or try as administrator. I had to use my Windows 7 machine to search for a solution, which involved booting into Safe Mode and manually editing several registry entities. What kind of bullshit is this?
My start menu died (click click, Windows key, nothing) like a month ago, and a couple days ago it just started working again... So something broke for you but fixed for me :sweatsmile:

Now Photos won't open any file types. What a masterpiece of software engineering. It's almost as clunky as "Groove Music".

So I ran the "App Troubleshooter".
Hanging or crashing apps ---- Not fixed.

Uh, okay, thanks. So the troubleshooter is equally useless.

In today's Microsoft follies:
The Photos "App" no longer reliably opens .gif files. I've tried repairing it, resetting it, nothing works. So I figured "okay, I'll just use the old Windows Photo Viewer PROGRAM (none of this app BS)". Uh... it's gone. They deleted the executable in one of their "updates". Supposedly the .dll is still on the computer and I can use that by editing the registry but...

I'm guessing in a couple weeks I'll get the "Microsoft Photos is moving!!! Try Microsoft Photo Viewer!!! Now on sale for only $4.99!".
Yep, can’t stand the Photos app.....did the registry edit a couple years ago and been using Windows Photo Viewer since....works great.

Back
Top Bottom