external expression AND midi expression pedals at the same time?

randombastage

Experienced
I have a roland FC-300 and am using the two extresssion pedals on it as external 1 and external 2.
Can I add a volume pedal (using an insert cable) plugged into Pedal 1 to add a third expression pedal? I can't find any way to get it to work and searching these forums hasn't shown me anything.
thanks!

Nevermind I think I figured it out. For anyone else who might be looking this up later:
I found in the I/O menu, CTRL page, I had the External 1 set for CC#7 (this is the default I believe and usually used for Wah control in many midi effects units) I could change that from CC#7 to Pedal 1 and then the expression pedal I plugged into Pedal 1 on the back of the AxeFx became the controller for any parameter in any preset that had External 1 assigned to it.

So I guess I can make External 2 assigned to Pedal 2 and then go and re-assign the midi expression pedals to External 3 and External 4 and that way connecting expression pedals to the jacks Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 will add the total of expression pedals to 4 total.

If I have some of this wrong please correct me anyone...

Also, it seems you can only calibrate pedal 1 and pedal 2 does that mean midi pedals don't require calibration within the AxeFx?
thanks!

Last edited:
If I have some of this wrong please correct me anyone...
You got it right. Although you don't need to reassign any existing pedals if you want to keep your existing pedals assigned to the same "External n" numbers. You can just assign a new number to the new pedals.

Also, it seems you can only calibrate pedal 1 and pedal 2 does that mean midi pedals don't require calibration within the AxeFx?
MIDI pedals are calibrated internally to their own MIDI hardware, so calibration with the Axe-FX is unnecessary. Calibration lets the Axe-FX figure out how to change the pedal's analog sweep into a digital control signal; MIDI pedals already output a digital control signal.

Back
Top Bottom