Expression pedal

blamp30

Hey guys just wondering what you guys recommend for which expression pedal to buy. Just looking for something to use with the wah effects, thanks!

Yup. All my Mission stuff has eventually fallen apart or needed repair, which I haven’t done.
Interesting... I've been using mine (I have 2 spring loaded and 2 standard) for years with no problems.

I'd expect the sweep to be too long on the EV pedals... But I haven't used them.

I’ve got 4 mission pedals, all working as solid as the day I got them years ago.

I don’t like them for finer mix type adjustments but they can’t be beat for wah and whammy etc

The spring loaded pedal with the auto engage parameter is awesome

Newbie here. I am still in honeymoon week with my new AX8 (after 20 years of Vox Tonelab SE - loved that pedal board - but always dreamed of a Fractal). Needless to say I am in total gear euphoria! Anyhoo, I was desparate (as a gear head can be) to score an expression pedal and ended up scoring a Mission Engineering (almost as cool a company as Fractal!) xpression pedal. Only issue is that it is a Kemper optimized EP1-KP. 10K ohms. But I wanted (not needed) the toe switch which the Fractal's don't offer. I am still just in factory preset sampling mode.... & It is working with the wah (after a calibration). I think Fractal likes 25kOhm.?. But I am on a budget and this pedal was affordable (used - great deal) and healthy discernment in not a strong point). I thought it was black but now that it is home I see that it is a really cool dark green (kewlio).
Sor4y about the rMbling - you should actually be playing your instrument and not reading this dribble.
My reason for posting was: this pedal has a MOMENTARY toe switch. That is a cool thing because that are mechanically quieter than a latching footswitch - SO: I was hoping that the AX8 would support latching and momentary. But in the pedal config I only see "LATCHING". Bumski on that one - for me anyway... Could a future firmware release please support momentary! (Actually that was the question) (It would make one soul in the Fractal academy able to utilize this Mission device). (I know: you should have bought a ...) But .... I could always swap out the momentary for a latching (life long member of the Soldering my way around the world club)...
Other than all this (why are you still reading this?), I am SO excited to actually jam and even do a gig with my new AX8 (I am not religious but so far it has been a spiritual experience...) GS

I don't get what is happening but this Kemper optimized Mission is blowing my (admittedly already blown) mind. Let me just say ymthat the wah in this AX8 frikkin cooks! So what is happening is that when the pedal is 100% backed off, the wah disengages! It's already achieving the purpose of the aforementioned toe switch! I am LOViN this!

I don't get what is happening but this Kemper optimized Mission is blowing my (admittedly already blown) mind. Let me just say ymthat the wah in this AX8 frikkin cooks! So what is happening is that when the pedal is 100% backed off, the wah disengages! It's already achieving the purpose of the aforementioned toe switch! I am LOViN this!
That is auto engage... It defaults to turning off when it's at 5% or less.

Most people don't need the switch ;)

Sorry I am probably braking all the post rules here but this is just too cool. For decades the wah toe switch has always engaged the wah in the full forward position - so you get that hendrixee brightness. But what is happening with this Mission Eng pedal is that full back is no wah; and as soon as I move forward I am at the other end of the wah. Just sayin' that this is very expressive...I will shut up now...

Sorry I am probably braking all the post rules here but this is just too cool. For decades the wah toe switch has always engaged the wah in the full forward position - so you get that hendrixee brightness. But what is happening with this Mission Eng pedal is that full back is no wah; and as soon as I move forward I am at the other end of the wah. Just sayin' that this is very expressive...I will shut up now...
You can change it if you want.

Edit the modifier on the Wah's Control parameter and change auto off value from 5% to 95%...

Many of us prefer the spring loaded Mission pedal because you can take your foot off and it goes off :)

I’ve got a mission EP1 and fractal EV1 and EV2. Mission is used for wah as it’s exactly the same sweep as other wah pedals, the EVs have too much travel and feel too weird for wah.

You get use to the additional travel for wah. It was odd at first.

I have my presets set up so the EV1 does double duty - volume pedal or wah. I don't have space for a second pedal on my board so I made it work. If I had the space, a dedicated pedal for wah with less sweep would be ideal.

Well, I have a Morley M2 Expression pedal and I'm really happy with it, but I'm not sure how does it work as a Wah pedal, 'cause I use a Morely Bad Horsie II for that, because I love it and this way it allows me to release part of the processing load and use it in other effects without overloading the AX8.

Before I get the M2, I tried a Behringer FC600. It Looked awesome and "PRO" with its metal casing, but didn't worked as I expected. The response was not linear at all, and the first part of the wayup (maybe 10 or 15%) did'nt have any effect at all, and suddenly it jumped up as it gets to 40% of the way (please, excuse me for my bad english if someting is not proppertly explained)

The Morley M2 is really solid, build like a tank, and very linear and smooth to me, and other good thing about it is that It's way cheaper than the EV1, or even the Missions. The only bad thing for me is the weight and the fact that those pedals are very wide. Luckily, it fit perfectly on my pedalboard, but it could be a problem for some people.

Mission here too. It feels like a CryBaby or Clyde, which didn't take any adjustment. I have mine on auto engage at 93% (toe down for off).

I have used my EV-2 for wah and, as noted, it works great, just feels different. As I already had 4 mission pedals in the cabinet, there was no reason not to use them.

Well, I have a Morley M2 Expression pedal and I'm really happy with it, but I'm not sure how does it work as a Wah pedal, 'cause I use a Morely Bad Horsie II for that, because I love it and this way it allows me to release part of the processing load and use it in other effects without overloading the AX8.

Before I get the M2, I tried a Behringer FC600. It Looked awesome and "PRO" with its metal casing, but didn't worked as I expected. The response was not linear at all, and the first part of the wayup (maybe 10 or 15%) did'nt have any effect at all, and suddenly it jumped up as it gets to 40% of the way (please, excuse me for my bad english if someting is not proppertly explained)

The Morley M2 is really solid, build like a tank, and very linear and smooth to me, and other good thing about it is that It's way cheaper than the EV1, or even the Missions. The only bad thing for me is the weight and the fact that those pedals are very wide. Luckily, it fit perfectly on my pedalboard, but it could be a problem for some people.
Didn't know Morley made an expression pedal. They do make durable pedals... I used a Bad Horsie and Bad Horsie II for years.

But, yes, they are a little large.

I see that they make an M2 Mini Expression as well.

Back
Top Bottom