Expression pedal wah AND autowah from the same Wah block?

Nogolopolis

I'm running the Austinbuddy Live 1000 presets (which sound fantastic BTW) and the wah block is set up to be controlled by the expression pedal (turns on when moves, turns off when toe=down). I'd like to set up that block so that it can ALSO be controlled by an envelope filter controller when I step on a footswitch (for the "autowah" effect). Is there a way to do that, or do I simply need 2 wah blocks?

thanks in advance!

You can't (probably) do it with a single Wah block because you need to assign two different controllers (pedal and envelope) to the same parameter.

Controllers can be applied to either ONE channel or ALL channels of a block, so that won't allow it.

The recent ability to assign two controllers to a modifier might allow it but since Envelope is always "active" I think that also makes it impossible.

Maybe in combination with another channel of Controllers, where one has the threshold of the envelope set to never trigger?

Kind of complex but that's the only way I think it might be possible...

Dealing with the same conundrum. Seems like an unnecessary use of dsp to have to use another wah block. My solution for now is to have the two wahs going into a mixer block and just set a control switch to select which one is active

...My solution for now is to have the two wahs going into a mixer block and just set a control switch to select which one is active
Just wondering - why do that instead of just adding the 1 extra wah block and controlling the autowah block with a footswitch?

Back
Top Bottom