Expression pedal trouble

CarlosNB

I am desperate. My expression pedals work fine when connected directly to the rear of the Axe FX III unit (I call it then as "Pedal 1" when assigning it to modify parameters), but not when connected to the expression input of the FC-12 (in that case, I call it as "FC 1 Pedal 1" when assigning it to modify parameters).

I have tried with all my 4 expression pedals (two EV-1s, a BOSS FV-500H, and a MOOG) and the 4 TRS cables I own, and all of them have exactly the same problem: when I ask them to change a parameter from, say 0 to 100 from heel to toe, they only change it from 0 to 99.2.

The calibration seems to work fine: all of them are at 0% at heel position, and the EV-1s go all the way to 100% at toe (I seem to remember that either the BOSS or the MOOG go up to 90% or so at toe, not full 100%, but the user manual says that should not be a problem...).

I am new to Fractal, so I wonder whether there is something that I am missing... I would appreciate a lot any help!

Please make sure you are running the latest firmware on your FC. Version 1.11 had some pedal calibration fixes.

To view your FC version: HOME -> SETUP -> FC Controllers, Devices Page. The version is display in parentheses in the leftmost column.
Oh, man, thanks, it worked!
I see... mental note: on Fractal products, keep a serious eye on updates :-D

It doesn't work for me. I'm going nuts. I have both FC-12 and FC-6. Is that the problem? Both are 1.11. The manual says
"Page to the Remote page of the FC Controllers menu under SETUP. If you have more than one FC controller connected, select the desired Target FC unit using the A knob. "

I don't know where in the hell that is. For me I go to Set Up > FC Controllers> and I only see three pages: CS MIDI, Config and Rest.

I have three pedals 1-2 are EV-1 and pdeal 3 is a Boss. TRS all. I've only used volime for a lonh time set globally. No problem there. But O can't get the other two to work. I had wah going for a minute when I choose ext 1 instead of FC2 -pedal 2

I don't know where in the hell that is. For me I go to Set Up > FC Controllers> and I only see three pages: CS MIDI, Config and Rest.
You have scrolled all the way to the right. Page left until you get the to the Devices page.
I have three pedals 1-2 are EV-1 and pdeal 3 is a Boss. TRS all. I've only used volime for a lonh time set globally. No problem there. But O can't get the other two to work. I had wah going for a minute when I choose ext 1 instead of FC2 -pedal 2
Have you calibrated the pedals connected to FC2? It might not hurt to read the section of the manual on those external controllers, too.

It doesn't work for me. I'm going nuts. I have both FC-12 and FC-6. Is that the problem? Both are 1.11. The manual says
"Page to the Remote page of the FC Controllers menu under SETUP. If you have more than one FC controller connected, select the desired Target FC unit using the A knob. "

that's so weird... pressing the "page" buttons (the left one, according to where you say you are...) of the Axe FX you should be able to see many more pages... "remote" in particular is the one you should go to... don't know what to tell you that can help... like someone told you, the manual explains it well, I just followed it, and it worked

Back
Top Bottom