Export Preset Cab-Bundle option

I find that feature very useful. Several times, when I rescued old presets at the Axe-FX II, I found that I changed the CAB assigned to its slot and I could not remember which one it was. So I decided to always store my favorite presets on the PC as cab-bundle. It would be very nice to have that feature back on the III.

Are there any plans to add this? I don't want to have to start keeping notes regarding which cabs are tied to which presets, as it's possible to import new cabs over cabs that are currently being used by various presets and not know it. Exporting as a bundle is an extremely useful feature.

Last edited:
Hello...I used the cab+ preset bundle import option to only sample several saved presets I stored on my computer several months back. However...after opening the file, I didn't save it to empty preset via Ax Edit, all my core amp tones changed slightly but, enough for me to notice they sounded brighter, not as warm. Now I'm unsure exactly what changed and how to recover the amp model tones I worked hard to create. Is there a way to recover to a prior state how the amp models were before I attempted to try a saved cab+ preset bundle? Thank you!

Hello...I used the cab+ preset bundle import option to only sample several saved presets I stored on my computer several months back. However...after opening the file, I didn't save it to empty preset via Ax Edit, all my core amp tones changed slightly but, enough for me to notice they sounded brighter, not as warm. Now I'm unsure exactly what changed and how to recover the amp model tones I worked hard to create. Is there a way to recover to a prior state how the amp models were before I attempted to try a saved cab+ preset bundle? Thank you!

Did you upgrade the firmware between the time you saved the bundle and opened it?

Did you upgrade the firmware between the time you saved the bundle and opened it?
I did not. I assumed that if I had actually 'saved' the bundle to an empty location, that potentially...it could have changed and such as might be the case with a firmware update. I had over several months refined several AX8 presets to my liking and then they changed, after only previewing a cab/preset bundle.

Is the "Export as Cab-Bundle" feature for the AXE-FX 3 already available. That would be very handy :)

:eyes:

I have such a mess of CABs and presets... The only way to sort this out is the "Export to Bundle" option. Export all my presets as bundle, wipe out all the presets and user cabs, and start again loading my favorite presets one by one while choosing the appropriate CAB destination

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom