EVH Plate Reverb

Cooldrewb

Inspired
So I have a really good tone match that I did of VH1 but I'm trying to get the reverb of VH1. I know Ed used a plate reverb to get that real wet sound on VH1. I'm just wondering which plate people here use and maybe some of the settings. I'm having trouble nailing the reverb.

Try the Large Plate or London Plate.

This guy does a great job back on the Ax8

He's in the neighborhood, but I'd suggest that the OP audition the various Reverb types after setting this up. One additional point; the guy in this clip neglected the predelay of the Reverb, which is essential. It separates the guitar from the wash at least as much as the panning.

He's in the neighborhood, but I'd suggest that the OP audition the various Reverb types after setting this up. One additional point; the guy in this clip neglected the predelay of the Reverb, which is essential. It separates the guitar from the wash at least as much as the panning.
Good point

For me it's the Sun Plate ....
Open up the Hi-Cut ( 20,000 kHz )
Pre-Delay to at least 45ms / 50ms
Pan it between 75% and 100% left

Back
Top Bottom