EV-2 reviews?

Saw this older thread pop up - I did an overview on the Fractal pedals - info in there comparing the two models. I agree with Rex's opinion that Mission pedals feel more like a Crybaby and the Fractal pedals have more of an EB feel.

That's what I was expecting. Thanks! EV-1 or EV-2 for the EB VP Jr feel?
Both the EV-1 and EV-2 have similar construction, similar geometry and similar throw. The only major difference is the size of the metal under your foot. The EV-1 is closer to the size of the EB.

I just ordered 4 of the Fractal EV-1 pedals at $500 shipped. Really hope they are as smooth as an Ernie Ball.

Last edited:
They are smoother. ;)

Is smoother than an Ernie Ball even possible? Lol.

Ernie Ball pedals were my favorites for feel and accuracy — until I got an EV-1.

Well, that's comforting. Looking forward to their arrival.

They’re even nicer. Joe likes them! :D

Didn't know Joe was using an EV-1 until you said this. Even more comforting. I knew he was using the Axe-Fx II for some effects and an MFC-101 controller in his live rig when I saw him in 2016. He's always been a pedals guy. Possibly advice he took from Steve Vai? Just found this post on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/satriani-meet-greet-and-gear-tour.1683068/

It's very nice how the Fractal expression pedals double as volume pedals but I wish they made a version for *low-impedance* audio; the current models are high-impedance. Maybe a 25K ohm logarithmic pot rather than the 500K one they are using? The order I just placed would have been for that version instead as I prefer a volume pedal to be post-gain; after circuits (drives and preamps) which often contain buffer amplifiers (unless "true bypass") that convert the signal to low-impedance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom