European power

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
I have a gig coming up in Belgium, and have an FM9 purchased in the United states. Do I simply need a plug adapter, or do I need a voltage converter for 230V? Also will 50 Hz versus 60 Hz be an issue?

I'm getting conflicting information on the internet. Is it correct that a type E connector is used in Belgium, and that the socket has a male ground pin, while the plug has a female ground hole?

For laughs, this is the response I got from ChatGPT 4.o.

Chat Sucks.JPG

Oh, man...you went there. Yes, it's type E.
You're likely to see two types in BE, shown below. Most common is with the male ground pin as you said.

I looked into your festival, should be great, right on the beach. Hopfully the weather holds out for you. It's been the wettest year on record. Bring an umbrella and a rain coat. Check the weather here before you pack. I thought if you were playing close to Brussels I'd try to check it out but Oostende is far. Fun fact: Marvin Gaye hung out there for a while to get things together, you may find a statue of him there. Anyway, break a leg.

P.S. If you like beer, you'll be in the right place
P.P.S. Don't ask for "French fries", leave off the "French" ;)

th-1533240744.jpgth-3272511414.jpg

Oh, man...you went there. Yes, it's type E.
You're likely to see two types in BE, shown below. Most common is with the male ground pin as you said.

I looked into your festival, should be great, right on the beach. Hopfully the weather holds out for you. It's been the wettest year on record. Bring an umbrella and a rain coat. Check the weather here before you pack. I thought if you were playing close to Brussels I'd try to check it out but Oostende is far. Fun fact: Marvin Gaye hung out there for a while to get things together, you may find a statue of him there. Anyway, break a leg.

P.S. If you like beer, you'll be in the right place
P.P.S. Don't ask for "French fries", leave off the "French" ;)

View attachment 143621View attachment 143622

You should be good with a CEE 7-7 plug (it supports type E and "Schuko"):

1723025980802.jpeg

I'm getting conflicting information on the internet. Is it correct that a type E connector is used in Belgium, and that the socket has a male ground pin, while the plug has a female ground hole?

For laughs, this is the response I got from ChatGPT 4.o.

View attachment 143611
Good old AI. He'll craft an answer out of whatever bullshit he finds lying around.

Back
Top Bottom