Eruption Solo

I'm just throwing away my guitar. How do you do that? That's insane. That's just totally insane.

I'm a big Eddie fan, and when I first heard that I thought it was ripped off from the record, until the end dive bomb as you pointed out.

This rendition of Eruption is the closest by far to the original recording that I've personally ever heard. Plenty of guys have covered this solo well, but not that well, and I've heard many try and come close, but every single one falls short. Until now that is.

Not only is every single note correct, but the phrasing, timing, and "feel" are down to a T. I slowed it down last night and compared it side by side with the original. Holy crap! You are insane, and I mean that in the best possible way. I had to sign up on the forum just to post about this. Seriously, I thought it was a fraud until the end on first listening. And the tone! I was speechless at first, but had to tell you that this is the most impressive rendition of Eruption that exists in my opinion. I can't play this solo, but I've broken down the notes and timing and you are the first I've heard to get it right in every way (sans that pesky dive bomb).

I've heard guys totally nail that dozens of times now

I've never heard anyone totally nail this solo until now. Links to these totally nailed performances that are note for note perfect? I can't find them. That's not even taking into account the tone!

I think this is the closest rendition of Eruption that exists on this earth today.

Bravo sir, bravo!

EddieGuy

To quote the late Johnny Carson " This is some piece of dynamite!!!" Completly nail the solo and the tone, this is the brown sound, can't get closer than this. This is the kind of clip that makes me think " Who needs an Axe fx 2 when you can get those kind of results out of the Ultra"!! Fabulous job here bro!!

I was gonna post "So, Eddie, when did you get your AxeFx?", but I doubt seriously that Eddie could play the Heartbreaker solo as perfectly as you did. His gift is being Eddie, not mimicing others (I heard him play Crossroads on a radio interview once... not impressive.)

Great job!

Wow. My god.. it wasn't until about 30 seconds in when I realized I actually wasn't listening to the original. The tone was 99.99% there. The playing was SPOT on. So many people know how to play this but very very few can actually play it like Eddie. It's one thing to take care of the notes and the rhythm, but you've got the articulation, the dynamics, phrasing, nuance, all the small details. Extremely impressive 8)

I'm anxious to hear what you post next.. first the Heartbreaker solo and now this.

Wow, had I known this was coming I would have never posted my Eruption clip.

Holy crap dude, that was freaking incredible!

I may take some heat for this, but here goes...

Guys... am I the only one beginning to doubt that this is legitimate? I mean... all these great comments, requests for patches, etc., and steadystate has not responded ONCE to this thread, or his Heartbreaker solo thread. He's also posted his Eruption solo (and perhaps his Hearbreaker solo, not sure though) over on TGP, and hasn't responded over there either. I also PM'd him, just to ask him how long it took him to create/tweak his preset(s). No response.

Now, if I'm way off base here, I will own up to it. And I know, he has no obligation to respond to anyone. His prerogative. But it sure would be nice, given all the positive feedback he has received.

If it isn't legit, no real harm done I suppose. Would just kind of suck if we've all been duped.

Just sayin'. Hope someone else out there was thinking the same thing.

As a general rule, I am reluctant to respond to my own threads regarding the Wish List and Recordings sections. My previous posts on the subject should demonstrate that. Too many people IMO respond to every praise/criticism, both here and on TGP, in an effort to keep their posts at the top. I do appreciate the compliments, and even your doubts.

I do not currently own a video camera. If and when I get one, and find the time, I will make video as well. I have nothing to prove, and will even go so far as to say duplicating another's work is essentially meaningless (except here in Las Vegas where being one of the better cover musicians can make you a lot of money). My ambition is to be a great creator, not a great copier. Unfortunately, my success in that department leaves much to be desired. I do what I do because I enjoy it. I like duplicating signature tones and recorded works. So I do.

P.S. After listening to people like Muris, and a few others on this board, I would never presume that my playing was that impressive in the first place.

Last edited:
steadystate,

You have my sincere apology. After re-reading my post, I realized it didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, so I removed it. But not quite before you could respond. :)

Basically, I'm still in awe of your work, and it's hard to believe someone could come so close to the originals. I appreciate the fact that you did respond, and very graciously I might add.

Your playing IS that impressive. I hope you hold no ill-will toward me, but completely understand if you do.

Regards,
Tom

Unbelievable! One simple request... please never move to my town. I'm afraid my band will dump me to hire you and I will be out of a job.

Excellent! Like you say the end does sound a tiny bit different but everywhere else you nail the playing, tone and vibe. Can't wait to hear what you come up with when you dig into your own material!

Back
Top Bottom