Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

must be some country music fans here eh! - I take mine ooole style - here's one u n d e r r a t e d dude that really got rolling in the 80s but his sound brings me back to the country artists of the 50s/60s:

oye, where'd i put me tele

check out the Marshall and Boogie on that stage! - maybe Yngwie and Megadeth closed the show.

Last edited:
Shooting Star, 'Hollywood". These guys came out of the 70's, this was from 1981. Solid, interesting band-definitely underrated...

Why is it that so many actors want to try their hand at music?!? I'm thinking Don Johnson, Bruce Willis, Johnny Depp, Juliette Lewis, the list goes on. They're not all bad, and some are even good/great (Rick Springfield). Just seems to be a thing.

Anyway, if memory serves correctly Michael Damien was a soap opera star in the 80s and remade Rock On. He actually did a nice job. BTW-Def Leppard has their own remake (but not in the 80s--you should check it out).

Are any of you familiar with Lååz Rockit?

They are listed as a "San Francisco" band but after actually from a little farther north and the drummer Vic came from the same circles as my band (he passed a few years ago).

And on the prog/pop side, not a bad song on the whole album!

LOVE THIS GUITAR TONE!

I woke up one morning to this on the radio, but never heard it again, so I figured the DJ hit the wrong button (it was right before Love Will Find A Way.) But I had a good day starting out to this song:

I saw the Big Generator tour in 1987. They opened with Almost Like Love. It was a bold choice for an opener. I thought it was great but the crowd didn’t know it.

Shoot High Aim Low was one of the highlights of the live show. Such a strong song. Held up well next to the classic Yes.

The sound of '82, truly a band that needs recognition. One of my favorite live jams, no crazy shred, just an honest rock vibe...

They had the stupidest logo (mascot), but overall a solid band that captured the spirit of rock n' roll. I'm surprised no one mentioned them.

Why is it that so many actors want to try their hand at music?!? I'm thinking Don Johnson, Bruce Willis, Johnny Depp, Juliette Lewis, the list goes on. They're not all bad, and some are even good/great (Rick Springfield). Just seems to be a thing.

Anyway, if memory serves correctly Michael Damien was a soap opera star in the 80s and remade Rock On. He actually did a nice job. BTW-Def Leppard has their own remake (but not in the 80s--you should check it out).

Many of them were musicians/singers before being actors, or simultaneously.

Just because they're known for one thing doesn't mean they don't have aspirations musically, and may have started into acting after becoming musicians.

I am pretty sure Rick Springfield was "discovered" as an actor while he performing in a band.

Back
Top Bottom