Wish Enable usb for backup

Joshua_L

Experienced
Hello,

I wish we could just use the usb port to save/load backups.

When on tour, if everything goes wrong, it would be nice to just put a usb key and restore the presets and configuration.

Less stress, better life on tour.

And is 2k23, come on, we need simple backup/restore usb option.

Thanks.

Would be a great emergency option, but I'm not at all sure it's possible with this hardware.
Just save the presets banks and the configuration ?
I don’t care about charging my phone or midi over usb or anything.

Just saving/loading a backup.

It’s the best line of modelers ever created, it’s high end gear, it should be done.

Hadn't even noticed there was a USB A port. What is it for if not for backups?

"The USB-A connector is for a FLASH drive to import/ export presets. However it’s currently not working yet."
“The USB-A port can be whatever we want but it requires writing drivers (or buying them and hooking them into the OS). If the demand is great enough we can look into these things. Peripheral drivers are a lot easier than host drivers and USB-A is host.”
"The USB-A port can provide power if enabled. At this point the port is disabled and reserved for future expansion."
"The USB A port is NOT designed to be connected to a computer. It is reserved for future expansion." (..) "We also looked into the ramifications of doing this and it WON'T damage anything. It just won't work."

I think that
The USB-A port can be whatever we want but it requires writing drivers (or buying them and hooking them into the OS). If the demand is great enough we can look into these things. Peripheral drivers are a lot easier than host drivers and USB-A is host.” [13]
says it pretty well.

Demand hasn’t been great enough to justify the time spent writing the required host-side driver, or buying it.

Back
Top Bottom