Eleven patches GSP-2101 - See notes for new updates.

Thanks for posting these. I still have mine, but it doesn't get as much playing time as of late. I always did like the Nozone patch. I converted it on a previous firmware version and got pretty close. I haven't tweaked it for newer firmware versions, but it still sounds ok. I always loved the harmonizer on that unit. I have an Eventide DSP 7000, but I swear I still love that 2101 harmonizer.

Thanks, DLM! ... This thread appears to have been around long enough for a number of Digitech GSP 2101/2112/2120 users to have made the transition to the Axe-Fx units, and I'll include myself in that growing throng. I'm a longtime 2101 user and found the natural dual-12AX7 tube-driven sound and flexibility of that unit superior to many other units available, until the Ultra. Over the past several years, I've been through just about every leading rack and floor-based multi-effects and/or modeling unit out there, including Zoom, Line 6, Digitech (1101), Carl Martin, and on, and on. I finally took the plunge on an Ultra and used it lovingly for about three months, then had to sell it for cash flow. Now, I'm back in the Axe fold and couldn't be happier about it. To come across your post with 2101 patches replicated for the Axe-Fx was a wonder! Also, "creek_devil" is correct - the 2101's Harmonizer is still one of the best I've ever heard. I still have a 2120 and Control One that's going up on eBay soon (along with several other effects units), 'cause the Ultra does everything plus I need. Thanks again for the patches.

BTW, I wonder if Dieter (perhaps the world's leading authority on Digitech GSP 21** units) has made the transition yet? I've never crossed paths with any 2101 user that didn't know of or had some interaction with Dieter (Tube-Tester - Nixie Röhren - Nixie Tubes - Röhrenprüfgeräte)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom