Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

I'm guessing you mean Dynacord?
Electrovoice repair service lists a bosch.com email, the physical address is EVI Audio GmbH in Germany, and the official website for this EVI Audio is dynacord.com :yum: I'll let Thomann sort me out 🤓
Dynacord! That’s it. Knew it was dyno something.

Well ladies and gentlemen..like i mentioned, I received mine a couple days ago. never plugged it in...uh oh, bad news..here is my email to them:

Hi
So i received the monitor yesterday. Took it to my gig and it sounded like someone wrapped a wet blanket over the whole speaker, put it back in the box and ship to me....no high end at all!!! What kind of sick joke is this??? WTF? Couldn't figure it out and had to play through the PA

I bought another one from sweetwater, while mine was supposedly being repaired. ..So I know its not me..i A/B the two and it's night and day..So now you get to pay for shipping back so you can figure this out.

PLEASE HELP !!

Pffffft Lets se how long it takes these ass hats to fix this situation.
You’ve probably already checked, but what mode was it in? The guitar cab mode sounds a lot like what you’re describing.

Well ladies and gentlemen..like i mentioned, I received mine a couple days ago. never plugged it in...uh oh, bad news..here is my email to them:

Hi
So i received the monitor yesterday. Took it to my gig and it sounded like someone wrapped a wet blanket over the whole speaker, put it back in the box and ship to me....no high end at all!!! What kind of sick joke is this??? WTF? Couldn't figure it out and had to play through the PA

I bought another one from sweetwater, while mine was supposedly being repaired. ..So I know its not me..i A/B the two and it's night and day..So now you get to pay for shipping back so you can figure this out.

PLEASE HELP !!

Pffffft Lets se how long it takes these ass hats to fix this situation.
I’m sure they will appreciate your passive aggressive approach in your email and your apparent Karen channeling. Hopefully these “ass hats” can get you sorted so they don’t have to deal with you anymore, sheesh.

I’m sure they will appreciate your passive aggressive approach in your email and your apparent Karen channeling. Hopefully these “ass hats” can get you sorted so they don’t have to deal with you anymore, sheesh.

Hey Tony, so good to hear from you! Yup, got it all figured out....Great company, sending me a brand new one two day.

Last edited:
I now have two of these on the way. After being majorly disappointed with the Red Sound Elis 8, I'm cautious but hopeful that they'll deliver.

Just joined the club! It's back ordered into July but I put my order into Sweetwater today.

I sold off my analog rig so hopefully this is a nice upgrade over my current HeadRush 108.

@guitarnerdswe
Maybe I missed it but can you give a little more information why you were disappointed with the Red Sound speakers?
Basically, they claim FRFR and certain performance numbers that would indicate that, but they're inaccurate. They're not anywhere near flat. Mine also had an issue with idle noise, which also has been reported by other users since.

Last edited:
Hi guys. So, I got mine yesterday and hooked them up. I got a response from EV recently that the ones I bought (from Thomann, Germany) should have the issue sorted.

I can't really hear any distortion at low volumes. So, I guess they were right? What exactly am I supposed to listen for?

Also, what modes an EQ settings are you all using? I found them to be a bit gentle in the lows and highs, so right now I use monitor 2, and boost the lows and highs by 6 and 2 respectively.

EDIT: I was wrong, mine have the issue.

Last edited:
Hi guys. So, I got mine yesterday and hooked them up. I got a response from EV recently that the ones I bought (from Thomann, Germany) should have the issue sorted.

I can't really hear any distortion at low volumes. So, I guess they were right? What exactly am I supposed to listen for?

Also, what modes an EQ settings are you all using? I found them to be a bit gentle in the lows and highs, so right now I use monitor 2, and boost the lows and highs by 6 and 2 respectively.

It was very obvious when playing clean sounds in the lower register. Jazz is out of the question 🤓

Here's a recording of the issue on mine: Clean guitar on PXM-12MP

Do you mean that rattle/buzzing at 7 seconds? It's hard to tell what's something in the room making the noise, and what's the monitor itself. What firmware do you have now after getting them fixed?

No, I mean the distorted additional octaves to every note. I connected the guitar directly to the EV, and only played on the low E string. Should have been completely clean.

EV confirmed that they're aware of the issue, and that current production should be without it. I don't think it's a firmware issue.
Mine is back in Germany for the fix at the moment.

Last edited:
No, I mean the distorted additional octaves to every note. I connected the guitar directly to the EV, and only played on the low E string. Should have been completely clean.

Mine is back in Germany for the fix at the moment.
Wait, you mean that wasn't a fretless bass? Now I get it :oops:

Hehe, no :p Just sliding around on a flatwound low E on the guitar.
From earlier posts in this thread, I was expecting some distortion on the tail end of notes, or some noise gate chatter.

I didn't think an octave could be that strong. I perceived the whole sound as an octave down from a standard guitar. How loud did you have to play before it wasn't noticeable?

From earlier posts in this thread, I was expecting some distortion on the tail end of notes, or some noise gate chatter.

I didn't think an octave could be that strong. I perceived the whole sound as an octave down from a standard guitar. How loud did you have to play before it wasn't noticeable?

Yeah, that's what I was expecting too.

Have to go pretty loud before it disappears. At least without any other sounds/instruments to mask it out.

Taking a chance on these! I ordered two and will be delivered on the 16th. I will add to the thread on my findings hoping it will be a good experience.

Back
Top Bottom