Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

My unit from Sweetwater just arrived and it also has the distortion issue. The speaker sounds great outside of the distortion decay but this is pretty disappointing that they're still sending out new units with the issue. I emailed repair@us.bosch.com with all the info OP listed so we'll see what happens.

My unit from Sweetwater just arrived and it also has the distortion issue. The speaker sounds great outside of the distortion decay but this is pretty disappointing that they're still sending out new units with the issue. I emailed repair@us.bosch.com with all the info OP listed so we'll see what happens.
My guess, they are selling them out of current stock, waiting to see if anyone notices the problem and are serious enough to send them back for the repair. Any new stock will most likely have the fix.

When I ordered my 2 from SW there were 5 left in stock After I placed there was 1!

My guess, they are selling them out of current stock, waiting to see if anyone notices the problem and are serious enough to send them back for the repair. Any new stock will most likely have the fix.

When I ordered my 2 from SW there were 5 left in stock After I placed there was 1!
If true, boo on SW for not proactively making their costumers happy.

Also boo on EV for not telling their dealers to ship back all stock below a certain serial number for replacement.

"It's not a problem unless someone complains" is a crap way to conduct business.

Also boo on EV for not telling their dealers to ship back all stock below a certain serial number for replacement.

"It's not a problem unless someone complains" is a crap way to conduct business.
I don't think this was the case with my order. It was backordered and took 3-4 weeks to arrive so I'd assume EV shipped them my unit with the defect after I placed the order in mid June.

Just to be clear on this accusation I was guessing that this is what was going on. I have no idea but it makes sense or at the very least sounds like something that could/would happen but I could be way off base on that comment.

Ugh. So going forward, EV doesn't know how to make these so they're reliably not broken out of the box? What the???

I still want want two, if somewhat begrudgingly. But it's ok, don't have the money anyway. Yay? Maybe they'll eventually get it together.

Ugh. So going forward, EV doesn't know how to make these so they're reliably not broken out of the box? What the???

I still want want two, if somewhat begrudgingly. But it's ok, don't have the money anyway. Yay? Maybe they'll eventually get it together.
They have solved the issue. They just can't guaranty that that what the dealers have in stock are the new ones with the fix, instead of the older ones. EV will fix them for you free of charge.

They have solved the issue. They just can't guaranty that that what the dealers have in stock are the new ones with the fix, instead of the older ones. EV will fix them for you free of charge.
I don't think this is the case. I ordered mine mid June from Sweetwater when they had none in stock. I received my unit July 13th with the distortion issue.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but...can I use just this monitor (with my FM3) for live band practice? Or is it designed more for on-stage monitoring only?

I don't think this is the case. I ordered mine mid June from Sweetwater when they had none in stock. I received my unit July 13th with the distortion issue. How quickly did you guys receive an answer back from EV when you emailed support? It's only been about 24 hours but I haven't heard anything.

Go ask Tony

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but...can I use just this monitor (with my FM3) for live band practice? Or is it designed more for on-stage monitoring only?
Full range is full range! You can use this monitor or any other with your FM3 the only difference is the quality of monitor you buy.

I don't think this is the case. I ordered mine mid June from Sweetwater when they had none in stock. I received my unit July 13th with the distortion issue.
I'm in Europe, if my username didn't blow my cover (Sweden). As Bosch is a German company, the stock situation might be different in the US. I ordered mine from Thomann, and they were already in stock. The distributor in US might have a mix of both that they send out to dealers. Just speculation though.

Back
Top Bottom