Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

When? They're back ordered most places and prices are going up, just like most electronics right now.

And where? Greg's right about most current prices and availability.
It was either Black Friday or right before Christmas last year. GC sent me a coupon code without their normal exclusions and the PXMs were in stock. I also picked up a Fryette PS100 and a few other things with the same code.

The Dynacord site says they’re discontinuing their speaker and replacing it with the Electro-Voice version.

They don’t use the “FRFR” moniker for it, but the frequency response chart in the data sheet looks hopeful. I wouldn’t use its guitar cabinet setting with a modeler because it rolls the highs off quickly.
PA speakers and monitors generally aren't labelled as FRFR, because that's the norm and generally understood. All conventional studio monitors, stage monitors, PA speakers etc aim to be as flat as possible.

Reactions: Rex
this place just prosoundgear.com quoted me $679 for one..and it said on their site 3 in stock..i talked to the guy, Sold out..lol...well fix the website then.

They're $799/each everywhere I saw when I did a Google search. I found two at ZZounds. I have no idea if they have any more.

ok ya, at sweetwater, where i got my first one hes giving it to me for $749 and throwing in the cover with free ship, came to to 814, thats when they come in.... so at least its something, the other one i got was under 700, with the cover!..but ya you're right electronics prices going up or they are not giving more generous discounts.

ok ya, at sweetwater, where i got my first one hes giving it to me for $749 and throwing in the cover with free ship, came to to 814, thats when they come in.... so at least its something, the other one i got was under 700, with the cover!..but ya you're right electronics prices going up or they are not giving more generous discounts.
It's supply and demand.

I would have gone with Sweetwater, but needed to get them here so I was happy to find them in stock.

I'm glad to see these getting some love. I really like 'em.
Mine are now plugged in and on but not getting any signal. We're about to take our first vacation in two years so I'm trying not to sweat them being here and will give them some cookin' time and will look at them when we get back.

I REALLY like the REDSOUND ELIS.8 but the location I played in the most has shutdown, and the place that is available has a much smaller stage space that just didn't work with the tilt angle of the ELIS.8, hence trying these.

I think these are probably a more flexible design as they have three tilt angles. The 12" vs. 8"... eh... at least that's my opinion now. When I get home I'll have them competing against a pair of Headrush 112, full drums and bass and a PA at a minimum.

I loves me a challenge. :)

You may find that you dial a fair amount of bass out of them, @Greg Ferguson , but between the ability to do that and to change the cutoff for the HPF, you can get a sound that is really beefy but not overwhelmingly bassy. I'll look forward to hearing how you think they compare to the Elis.8, which seems to be the current favorite for many.

You may find that you dial a fair amount of bass out of them, @Greg Ferguson , but between the ability to do that and to change the cutoff for the HPF, you can get a sound that is really beefy but not overwhelmingly bassy. I'll look forward to hearing how you think they compare to the Elis.8, which seems to be the current favorite for many.
I’m starting with the Monitor 2 setting, because, according to the frequency response chart, it’s flatter.

The ELIS.8… I love their sound but the angles don’t work with the places I need them. I can tip my combo amps back farther. It’s very disappointing at this point. I have a week to think of alternative ways to make it work.

The EVs right out of the box look like a better choice for my situations though. I’ll send a note to REDSOUND to give them feedback.

Mine are now plugged in and on but not getting any signal. We're about to take our first vacation in two years so I'm trying not to sweat them being here and will give them some cookin' time and will look at them when we get back.

I REALLY like the REDSOUND ELIS.8 but the location I played in the most has shutdown, and the place that is available has a much smaller stage space that just didn't work with the tilt angle of the ELIS.8, hence trying these.

I think these are probably a more flexible design as they have three tilt angles. The 12" vs. 8"... eh... at least that's my opinion now. When I get home I'll have them competing against a pair of Headrush 112, full drums and bass and a PA at a minimum.

I loves me a challenge. :)
3 tilt angles?

Back
Top Bottom