El Capistan settings?

It is an ultra patch. I would download the legacy version of axe-edit from the fractal download site and set it to the Ultra profile.

However, a lot of the things that were being done back then with ultra with several effects, can now be done within the delay block of the II.

Yep. Tried that already.

"Wrong asset type for current model config"
IIRC you have to do restart of axe-edit after the changing the profile. I have it working here.

You could get really close with just the delay block on the 2. His PEQ is pretty radical though.

There were a few of these presets floating about at the time (some were mine). They all depended on radical peq settings. The delay block in the II has a built in eq, unlike the ultra, so they can more easily be recreated. You need to look for the peq fx blocks that don created, based on his analysis of various classic delays. Recreate those settings using the eq in the delay block and you'll be there. Some presets also used a drive block to simulate tape saturation, but that's built in too. The II also has the ability to smear the delay repeats (can't remember what the parameter is called right now), which the ultra doesn't have.

Lfo1 : 2.567 Hz, 25.2 %, 130.4 deg.
Lfo2 : 0.958hz, 22 %, 0 deg

diffusion : 15 %, time 100 %

after the delay there is a peq with a - 12 db at 172.3hz, q 5.0 and -5.67db at 3757 Hz,q 2.315 followed by a tape dist with med drive.

This is from Don P.´s preset , hope this is enough information

Last edited:
the lfo's seem to be much more powerful in the II's tape delay than they were in the ultra. try reducing the depth to around 10%

Wouldn't you want to modulate motor speed instead of using DEPTH1?

Back
Top Bottom