• love it!

Votes: 100 92.6%
  • hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • meh...

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
DP, when will you jump on the bandwagon and go for the II? :D

I'm not a delay junky but have to admit that the delay on the II is a noticable step upwards

Hooray! :) Cheers to that!

I'm not that different. I ordered instantly when G66 let the cat out of the bag and got "the" mail just before christmas.
Had to wait two more weeks because of gigs, but Jacques kept one for me, so I got it on january 5th.

Thanks Don for a great vintage sounding delay !
I modified it by using a Double Verb instead, removed the Cab and put a Vol instead.
Lowered the Delay feedback and set the hicut to 4056 hz.This now sounds soo great to my ears :)

I have one question: why do you set the filter slope to 18 db ? How does it affect the echo ?

Oops, sorry i meant to ask about the delay time as well, how do i have a longer or shorter delay time? It doesnt seem to be the same as how you would adjust delays normally. Thx again Don :)

delay time is adjusted normally (delay block -> time)

the feedback of the delay however is adjusted like I said return block -> level

I have one question: why do you set the filter slope to 18 db ? How does it affect the echo ?

this determines how steep the filter slope is.
if you set it to 1000Hz, the octave (2000Hz), will have 6dBs less with the 6dB/Oct setting, 12dBs less with the 12dB/Oct setting and...

look here:
fadb-f8.gif

6dB/Oct is a pretty natural sounding filter slope, and used in synthesizers a lot if they're trying to imitate real instruments (brass, strings)
18dB/Oct is way more aggressive and was used in the infamous Roland TB-303 (Acid), while 24dB/Oct is the typical Moog filter as heard on countless recordings.

btw. it's great to see that this patch still gets downloaded & played - after almost a year

the demo file has 1300+ plays
should have paid more attention to the recording :lol

Last edited:
Yay!!

Congrats man!!!

Really looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

Especially looking forward to your take on the El Capistan on the II and Fuzzes.

Strymon - El Capistan dTape Echo Demo - Part 1 - YouTube
Hmmm, after hearing this, not so convinced, sorry
Yours needs warmth,a wider stereo spread and clarity imo

I copied a very specific sound of the el Capistan. it's here:
http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

I dont have the el cap anymore to compare it to directly but This sure seems like one of the tones in the el cap.
Nicely done!

If you want to compare, compare it with the source file.

but thanks for voting :D

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this, every day I learn something on this delicious forum and your patch & effect block contributions, as well as simeons', matt's, javajunkie.. and sorry for the few I forgot, remain "stayers". I wish I had more time to work it all out, I do but the process is too slow; jobtime obliged (but I love my job, so that's ok so far...).
Thanks again, keep on rocking !

Back
Top Bottom