Effect for Eb tuning?

Yes. Just use the fixed shifter set to -1 and be sure to set the mix to 100%. Several of the other modes in the pitch shifter will work, too (such as the whammy modes).

Ok, I am at fixed Harm in the pitch block correct? I went down to voice 1 detune and -0.1 with 100% it does not sound like Eb and it is very chorused ....what did I miss please clarify step by step. Thanks!

Copy and Paste the Pitch block out of this preset into your's. It's the best that I've come up with so far. I use it live in several presets and it works pretty good.

There is a modifier (ADSR 1) attached to the "Mix" parameter to disguise the latency at the beginning of a phrase. When you copy and paste the pitch block into your preset, I don't think it will include the ADSR 1 settings. So you might have to adjust them manually..............It is from FW 15.02.....

Scene#2 - 1st part of "Eruption".......Scene#3 - second part of "Eruption"

.........While in scene #3, hit a 12th fret harmonic on the low "E" string (the end of "Eruption"), then go to scene #4, let it build up, then turn down the volume pot on your guitar and go to scene #5

Scene #1 - You really Got Me.........Scene#3 - You really Got Me Lead

Oops.............sorry, I forgot to remove the external controller on the Cab block level. I do this in almost all of my presets for volume control, no extra blocks needed. Just remove it or re- assign it to your external controller choice?

Last edited:
Ok, I am at fixed Harm in the pitch block correct? I went down to voice 1 detune and -0.1 with 100% it does not sound like Eb and it is very chorused ....what did I miss please clarify step by step. Thanks!

Set Voice 1 shift to -1 and leave detune at 0. Make sure the block mix is set to 100% wet. Detune is more of a chorus like effect. You want to shift down 1 half-step to go from E standard tuning to Eb. Also turn the level for voice 2 down all the way since it's not used for this effect.

I have presets with scenes for Eb, D, C and low B, works great with massive distortion, sounds disaster when playing clean.
I will post it hear later.

Last edited:
There is a factory preset called full step down or something like that. Copy the pitch block. You will get some latency so play with the tracking parameter.

i just can't get past the latency....i tried for months for some songs we did in drop C# and it drove me nuts.

Every pitch shifter I've tried over the years seems to add latency as you get further from the original tuning. They also seem to fall apart, but a half step is usually doable.

I haven't found a product that does it better than the AxeFXII yet, but that's not saying that it's perfect. It's tough, especially with polyphonic stuff.

Make sure you're only using voice 1 and not voice 2 otherwise it will be chorus sounding. Turn voice 2 level to 0.
Set the tracking parameter to 1.81. That seems to be the best setting for the lowest latency. From what I hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't make it work to satisfaction in AXE. Saw this in another thread... and it looks like the solution I'm after. It's the best one I've seen so far.

The digitech drop pedal is the best one out there.
Sorry to say it blows the Axe Fx 2 away. I experience no latency and the sound quality is so natural that I like it better than an actual tuned down sound. This can be said even at 1.5 steps down.
I love the thing!

yes, pure (formant) shifting is in the works, which will certainly help downshifted stuff sound more natural. it won't solve the latency problem though. perhaps you could try my volume block in parallel controlled by an adsr to disguise the latency trick. you use a volume block in parallel with the pitch block to allow some of the attack through to fill the hole where the latency is. it kinda works.

The digitech drop pedal is the best one out there.
Sorry to say it blows the Axe Fx 2 away. I experience no latency and the sound quality is so natural that I like it better than an actual tuned down sound. This can be said even at 1.5 steps down.
I love the thing!

I have to agree. This is the best I have tried.

Copy and Paste the Pitch block out of this preset into your's. It's the best that I've come up with so far. I use it live in several presets and it works pretty good.

There is a modifier (ADSR 1) attached to the "Mix" parameter to disguise the latency at the beginning of a phrase. When you copy and paste the pitch block into your preset, I don't think it will include the ADSR 1 settings. So you might have to adjust them manually..............It is from FW 15.02.....

Scene#2 - 1st part of "Eruption".......Scene#3 - second part of "Eruption"

.........While in scene #3, hit a 12th fret harmonic on the low "E" string (the end of "Eruption"), then go to scene #4, let it build up, then turn down the volume pot on your guitar and go to scene #5

Scene #1 - You really Got Me.........Scene#3 - You really Got Me Lead

For some reason I get no sound from the patch. All seems OK. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom