Effect for Eb tuning?

For some reason I get no sound from the patch. All seems OK. Anyone?

Oops.............sorry, I forgot to remove the external controller on the Cab block level. I do this in almost all of my presets for volume control, no extra blocks needed. Just remove it or re- assign it to your external controller choice?

You could try my volume block in parallel controlled by an adsr to disguise the latency trick

Hey simeon. I am doing the same thing, but it is in the "Pitch" block itself. I'm controlling the "Mix" parameter. This allows the dry (un-shifted) pick attacks through while muting the wet (delayed/shifted) pick attacks so you won't hear both.

See post #4

i just can't get past the latency....i tried for months for some songs we did in drop C# and it drove me nuts.

This will always be a problem with most pitch shifters and down tuning. Not to mention the tracking when playing more complex chords. Also the Pitch Shifter in the Axe fx is not 'there' yet imho. The new ehx Pitch fork looks promising and better for downtuning though. Don't know about the Digtech drop pedal.

Last edited:
Hey guys, here is just a note that might be helpful.

I've been digging into those two pedals a bit... and it seems they are not really the same thing. The Digitech is really designed as a straight drop-tuning pedal aimed directly at being able to change the guitar's tuning. It works in half step increments and has a large (and complete) range.

The EHX is different... it's settings are done in "musically useful" intervals and it offers:

Detune, Minor 2nd,Major 2nd, Major 3rd, Perfect 4th, Perfect 5th, Major 6th, Minor 7th, 1 Oct, 2 Oct, 3 Oct

Notice that not all half steps are present, most notably the minor 3rd. This might mean something if you wanted to drop tune 3 half steps down to Db. You CAN'T DO it. It has additional functionality though, like the ability to create multiple octaves or intervals, so they are just two different animals really. This one is like a POG lite or something.

I think I'm going to order the Digitech... even though it's like $50 more. It just will do exactly what I need. I only wish the AXE had this capability... it's really the only thing left that the can't do that I really want or need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom