Edit: Search Over, Winner- Mono 365 Case

Rick

Axe-Master
I have looked closely at why the AX8 is such a tight fit in the Producer bag and found the upper front corners of the large opening have a sort of rounded flap that doesn't exactly make a "corner." This is what makes getting the AX8 in and out so tight.

While looking at the Mono site, I was checking the Kontroller when I noticed the 365 case/pack.

http://monocreators.com/the-365/

It appears as though it would have that bit more space if you put the AX8 in it "side-first." It's also a touch deeper front to back. I like that it still has side and front pockets, and a carry handle in addition to backpack style straps. This will likely be the next thing I check out, but wondered if someone here already has one that can test it.

Edit *Ordered*
Edit 2 *Shipped 12/28*
Edit 3 *Arrived! See Post*

Last edited:
I Just got in the Kontroller bag. I can place the AX8 and three Fractal expression pedals in it. It's snugg but it works. It has a nice strap and handle but no backpack straps. Works for me since my mono double gig bag will be on my back like a backpack.

I Just got in the Kontroller bag. I can place the AX8 and three Fractal expression pedals in it. It's snugg but it works. It has a nice strap and handle but no backpack straps. Works for me since my mono double gig bag will be on my back like a backpack.
The Kontroller was the other bag I was considering, and several here have it. Joe Rodgers posted some pics recently, as did another user. Once looking at how everything loaded into the Producer case, I really liked having side pockets for the pedals to assure they weren't banging into anything else. I was actually checking measurements on the Kontroller when I saw the 365 and thought it might be another secure but carry-on legal way of carrying everything at once comfortably. I'll probably order one tonight and then decide which to keep once it arrives and I can compare how everything fits.

EDIT: Ordered a 365 from Mono tonight, won't get in until after the New Year though. I'll post something after I can compare and see which I will keep. My wife says I should just keep both. Good woman there!

Last edited:
I am using a Mono dual guitar bag too so I'd prefer a side bag like the Kontroller too.

Does the Kontroller have any dividers or compartments to keep pedals separate from the AX8?

Have you looked at the Gruv Gear bags? They might make one.

The gruv gear stadium is the only one that will hold an ax8. The club bag is too small for the height of the pedal. I own two stadium bags.

Good bags, a little on the pricey side. I loved them for years , but (flame suit on) I did have issues with their durability. I gig a ton (4-5 nights a week) and am not very friendly to my gear. The bags would almost have to be replaced annually. The top handle would start fraying. I broke their zipper tracks a lot.

Your mileage may vary.

Their support is top notch and they're an awesome bunch of dudes.

Last edited:
I am using a Mono dual guitar bag too so I'd prefer a side bag like the Kontroller too.

Does the Kontroller have any dividers or compartments to keep pedals separate from the AX8?

Yes. There's a divider in the main compartment. One side is smaller than the other. The AX8 goes on the larger side pedals on the other. Everything is snug enough so there shouldn't be much movement.

So you guys that are going to be using a bag to carry the Ax8 and expression pedals how are you with setup and protection ? I have never been a bag type of person with my floor gear or guitars.

So you guys that are going to be using a bag to carry the Ax8 and expression pedals how are you with setup and protection ? I have never been a bag type of person with my floor gear or guitars.
I've always been a ATA flight case guy, and it's served me well. Hard cases at a minimum for guitars.

But the AX8 is intended (for me) as a go-anywhere, anytime sort of rig primarily, and a backup to my XL+ secondarily. In either case (no pun intended), portability and the ability to "take it with me" was the main concern so putting it in a big case defeats my purpose. When I started looking at the Mono cases, I saw a thick foam barrier everywhere external forces could impact the device, which got me thinking this could work. This is my first foray into "soft" cases, so time will tell!

As far as on the gig, anything on the floor is exposed, floor board or not. The AX8 will go directly on the stage, as the MFC has for years. If it can't hold up to that, it isn't roadworthy and will become a dedicated backup only. My first few days messing with it leads me to believe it will hold up to anything the MFC will. Hope that helps you!

I've always been a ATA flight case guy, and it's served me well. Hard cases at a minimum for guitars.

But the AX8 is intended (for me) as a go-anywhere, anytime sort of rig primarily, and a backup to my XL+ secondarily. In either case (no pun intended), portability and the ability to "take it with me" was the main concern so putting it in a big case defeats my purpose. When I started looking at the Mono cases, I saw a thick foam barrier everywhere external forces could impact the device, which got me thinking this could work. This is my first foray into "soft" cases, so time will tell!

As far as on the gig, anything on the floor is exposed, floor board or not. The AX8 will go directly on the stage, as the MFC has for years. If it can't hold up to that, it isn't roadworthy and will become a dedicated backup only. My first few days messing with it leads me to believe it will hold up to anything the MFC will. Hope that helps you!

Thanks Rick!

I'm still kicking around case ideas though I'm primarily looking at a hard case solution as that's what I have right now. I'm one of those that like to have it in a hard case just because it's nice to have it all there when you place it on the floor, set it down, open it up, plug it in and go.

I will say the soft case idea has me thinking it would be nice to have it light and very portable but my fear and OCD tendencies like the fact that the only cables are power and output signal everything else is contained in or on the board and that makes for a very safe place for transport and or storage.

Thanks Rick!

I'm still kicking around case ideas though I'm primarily looking at a hard case solution as that's what I have right now. I'm one of those that like to have it in a hard case just because it's nice to have it all there when you place it on the floor, set it down, open it up, plug it in and go.

I will say the soft case idea has me thinking it would be nice to have it light and very portable but my fear and OCD tendencies like the fact that the only cables are power and output signal everything else is contained in or on the board and that makes for a very safe place for transport and or storage.
This is new ground for me too, but if it doesn't do the trick my next option is this from Pelican Cases:
1337879207000_866303.jpg

It will fit the AX8 and maybe a pedal in the foam and everything else in the upper compartments. The foam comes flat and you remove small squares of it to fit to your requirements as they have done in the pics for camera equipment. Carry on legal too. $208 from B&H Photo.

I originally wanted hard cases for all my gear but I only gig locally. I prefer padded soft cases so I don't bang up the inside of my car or my knees. An AX8 i is design to be stomped on so I am confident it can survive inside a padded bag.

It will fit the AX8 and maybe a pedal in the foam and everything else in the upper compartments. The foam comes flat and you remove small squares of it to fit to your requirements as they have done in the pics for camera equipment. Carry on legal too. $208 from B&H Photo.

Rick - I just ordered this one: http://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect-pedal-case-id-28x14x6-3-8-ply-factory-closeout/ | I'll let you know what I come up with on it.

I needed something that is flight ready because of all the moving around my church does. I would trust a pelican case (use them for photography), but that's a tad high for something that really isn't designed for live use. To each their own for sure on this, but my friend mentioned to me "You would think FAS would have their own case for that device" which I thought was kind of a cool idea. With a floor modeler having a Fractal Audio case designed for the AX8 would be awesome-sauce (to me at least) ;) .

Rick - I just ordered this one: http://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect-pedal-case-id-28x14x6-3-8-ply-factory-closeout/ | I'll let you know what I come up with on it.

I needed something that is flight ready because of all the moving around my church does. I would trust a pelican case (use them for photography), but that's a tad high for something that really isn't designed for live use. To each their own for sure on this, but my friend mentioned to me "You would think FAS would have their own case for that device" which I thought was kind of a cool idea. With a floor modeler having a Fractal Audio case designed for the AX8 would be awesome-sauce (to me at least) ;) .
That's the one I use also....except mine is the 32" adding in a talk box and expression pedal....good case

The Mono 365 was supposed to make it today... alas, the snow storms between here and California backed it up a few days. Won't make it until next year. Oh well, I'll report on it whenever it arrives.

The Mono 365 was supposed to make it today... alas, the snow storms between here and California backed it up a few days. Won't make it until next year. Oh well, I'll report on it whenever it arrives.

The benefit of still being on the wait list is I can wait for everyone else to find cases. :)

Here are some other options from Fusion:

Back
Top Bottom