Edge with 2 AxeFX's onstage at Apple now

grape

Experienced
Sounds bad though.

Edit---
After a week, I quite like this song and his choice of bad sound :0)

Last edited:
I only thought the distorted parts were meh....but that might have been his intended sound he was going after for those parts. The clean parts sounded good.

…and here they are!

Taken from Gizmodo's coverage.

Attachments

• ijty5lybaxe7b2aeqxvo.jpg
    ijty5lybaxe7b2aeqxvo.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 428
Ok, I just heard the song on iTunes and that gritty sound was definitely what Edge was going for there. Not my thing, but it fit the song.

Is that a Blues Junior he's amping through?

Why... :numbness:

I don't know for sure but I think it really is a dual path with cabs off through the fender and cabs on through FRFR. I suspect it's for visual purposes since he's really making it a point to show that his rig is small... and even his last real amp is smaller than an AC30. There have been at least 3 live events with this configuration.

I don't know for sure but I think it really is a dual path with cabs off through the fender and cabs on through FRFR. I suspect it's for visual purposes since he's really making it a point to show that his rig is small... and even his last real amp is smaller than an AC30. There have been at least 3 live events with this configuration.

Thanks for the clarification. It's definitely simple but kind of a nightmare for the sound guys balancing the mix from the live amp and the AFX gear possibly.

There is a better pic (scroll down) in the other thread here.

that was the intended sound. it was mixed a bit high i think and was solely on the left channel so it stood out even more.

Listening to the whole album now... it will be interesting to hear what's AxeFX and what's not and how it was recorded.

Volcano, Raised Wolves are old school (finally!).

Sweet, I didn't even know there was a new album. Downloaded it, now I'm gonna go for a drive and crank it up!!

Besides his Fender combo, and 2 Axe's. I see a small (most likely powered) monitor, a boss tuner in front of that. And then a stage hand holding a pedal board with a smallish midi foot controller, and at least one expression pedal

Hummm... Im sorry but I just don't get all the fascination here... Most rich and talented guitar players most often choose the Axe FX because it sounds so good. Thats a normal reaction that applies to us as well. Thats not anything special... I bet he even puts his pants on by himself too, one leg at a time... ; )

Back
Top Bottom