DynaCab Pack Limited Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I second the request to at least list the matching speaker impedance curve for each cabinet, since, again, for accuracy, you need to dial it in manaully now.
+1 - related fyi: though I've not checked every on-board DC, all the ones I've spot checked have the auto-SIC generated values matching exactly the SIC values associated to the standard SIC curve identified in the speaker page drop down for the same cab name as the DC cab selected. I seem to remember some auto-SIC values for a given DC not necessarily matching to the to drop down SIC curve for the same cab but it could be that I was thrown off by some name discrepancies. In any case it looks like the curve values Fractal mentioned as authentic for DCs also match the standard drop down curve values for the same cab name (one and the same probably), which means you can set an authentic SIC curve for a Fractal DC imported from CL4 to a Legacy Mode cab channel by just choosing the SIC curve from the drop down on the amp speaker page that matches the name of the DC you mixed and exported from CL4 (I guess if some 3rd pty DCs come along we'd have to type in the SIC values hopefully provided by the 3rd pty in the cab documentation).

The only issue I see is that there are some mismatched names: Of the 39 DCs, 23 have an exact name match in the standard SIC curve drop down (with the same curve values whether auto-SIC generated or not). The remaining 16 listed below do not match wrt name. In addition, there are two instances (noted below) where 2 DC cabs point to the same standard drop down curve (I suspect this may be a bug since I would not expect 2 different DC cabs to have exactly the same curve values). Would be cool if the names and double mappings could be fixed up as then we would have complete consistency between the DC Cabs and drop down standard curves (would remove any need to have SIC noted in CL4 imo) . Note also, that of the 84 standard drop down curves we have, 47 do not currently map to a DC which is fine since these unmapped curves are also available to apply in free form for those who prefer to audition SiCs with DCs for a preferred sound regardless of accuracy, or for those looking for an optimal SIC to match a 3rd pty, legacy cab selection, or multicab mix. As a wish I suggest that the standard drop down ICs have a "(DC)" designation at the end of the name for the ones that map to an actual DC cab.

MisMatched DC Auto-SIC vs Drop Down SIC Curve Names
  • 1x12 AC20 > 1x12 AC20 DLX
  • 1x12 DIV13 Cj11 > 1x12 Brit G12M
  • 1x12 GT12-100 > 1x12 Brit G12T
  • 1x12 Nuclear Tone > 1x12 AST BV25
  • 1x12 Tweed 20112 > 1x12 Tweed Emmi
  • 2x10 Super 6C4 > 2x10 Super
  • 2x12 65 Bassguy > 2x12 Bassguy
  • 2x12 Chiefman > 2x12 Match Chief
  • 2x12 Class-A 30W > 2x12 Class-A 30W Silver
  • 2x12 Texas Star > 2x12 TX Star
  • 4x12 1960TV > 4x12 Brit TV
  • 4x12 Friedman GB > 4x12 Friedman (Duplicate Mapping? Edit: No - see here)
  • 4x12 Friedman V30 > 4x12 Friedman (Duplicate Mapping? Edit: No - see here)
  • 4x12 Lerxst > 4x12 > Lerxst Omega
  • 4x12 Rumble EV12L > 4x12 Rumble (Duplicate Mapping? Edit: No - see here)
  • 4x12 Rumble EV12S > 4x12 Rumble (Duplicate Mapping? Edit: No - see here)
Even with the name discrepancies you can check to see what curve is authentic to a DC by flipping over to DC mode, selecting the DC in stot 1 and looking at the amp/speaker page with "Auto DC Imp." ON but having all the names consistent would reduce confusion imo.

I really like how this is coming together - in hindsight we can now see now that there was a master plan for SIC related deployment initially when the SIC curves were first introduced and we are seeing the additional pieces subsequently drop into place with DC and CL4.

Last edited:
iMac intel - Somona / AxeFXlll Mark ll - FW 23b1

The purchase, download and installation went well

After a first authorization via Cab Pack Manager, everything worked wonderfully,
but when I left Cab-Lab4 after logging out of cab lab manager,
when I wanted to restart Cab-lab4 and use one of my Dynacab pack, I got the message:

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 4x12
1960TV|4×12 1960TV G12
Greenback/Ribbon 313:
Unable to verify product. Please log in to the Cab Lab 4 Product Manager to verify purchases.

Every time I launch Cab-Lab4,
I have to connect to the cab pack manager to authorize my cab-pack!
Then, even disconnected from cab-pack manager, and without an internet connection, everything works well.

Ran into a bug while testing CL4 this morning. I have two cabs loaded in slots 1 and 2, both are muted, but I'm still getting processed audio through CL4. There is no cab sim in my chain, save for CL4, and it's very obvious a cab sim is in the audio path, though I'm not sure which cab slot is affecting the signal. Muting/unmuting cab slots 1 & 2 does not fix the problem. The graphics within CL4 seem to accurately reflect when a cab is muted/unmuted, but the audio is ignoring the mute control, it seems.

My setup is guitar -> Axe III (drive + amp only ) -> OUT2 block into CL4. CL4 provides the cab sim, then passes audio to the Axe's Output 1 to my speakers. I'm using standalone CL4 on an M1 Mac mini running macOS 13.4.1. I can provide the session by attached it here or by PM.

Ran into a bug while testing CL4 this morning. I have two cabs loaded in slots 1 and 2, both are muted, but I'm still getting processed audio through CL4. There is no cab sim in my chain, save for CL4, and it's very obvious a cab sim is in the audio path, though I'm not sure which cab slot is affecting the signal. Muting/unmuting cab slots 1 & 2 does not fix the problem. The graphics within CL4 seem to accurately reflect when a cab is muted/unmuted, but the audio is ignoring the mute control, it seems.

My setup is guitar -> Axe III (drive + amp only ) -> OUT2 block into CL4. CL4 provides the cab sim, then passes audio to the Axe's Output 1 to my speakers. I'm using standalone CL4 on an M1 Mac mini running macOS 13.4.1. I can provide the session by attached it here or by PM.
Also happens in "Single IR" mode.

seems a few people are running into similar. I've also had an instance of the audio freezing in a certain control config and with subsequent controls changes having no effect - like CL4 has gotten disconnected and left in its last known state. I'm running CL4 in live mode but not connected to Axfx (audio settings configed to Axfx3 In from Output 1 / Audio Interface output on MacOS Sonoma}. I've not yet been able to predictably re-create it.

One thing to note - the .cabpack files are BIG - around 180MB or so, so they may take a while to download. The orange and white barberpole is gonna be barberpoling for a while. Go make a sammich and grab your favorite barberpole-watching beverage. :)

Hi,
Also happens in "Single IR" mode.
Hi, I had this happened and realized that I opened up Cab Lab and didn’t use the connect to the Axe FX Tab at the Top of the Program.. connected and it worked great…

Hi,

Hi, I had this happened and realized that I opened up Cab Lab and didn’t use the connect to the Axe FX Tab at the Top of the Program.. connected and it worked great…
That helps if you want Cab-Lab connected to your Axe Fx, but I was intentionally treating it as a standalone IR loader, which would be a fairly normal use case for me: amp head -> load box -> interface -> cab lab.

+1 - related fyi: though I've not checked every on-board DC, all the ones I've spot checked have the auto-SIC generated values matching exactly the SIC values associated to the standard SIC curve identified in the speaker page drop down for the same cab name as the DC cab selected. I seem to remember some auto-SIC values for a given DC not necessarily matching to the to drop down SIC curve for the same cab but it could be that I was thrown off by some name discrepancies. In any case it looks like the curve values Fractal mentioned as authentic for DCs also match the standard drop down curve values for the same cab name (one and the same probably), which means you can set an authentic SIC curve for a Fractal DC imported from CL4 to a Legacy Mode cab channel by just choosing the SIC curve from the drop down on the amp speaker page that matches the name of the DC you mixed and exported from CL4 (I guess if some 3rd pty DCs come along we'd have to type in the SIC values hopefully provided by the 3rd pty in the cab documentation).

The only issue I see is that there are some mismatched names: Of the 39 DCs, 23 have an exact name match in the standard SIC curve drop down (with the same curve values whether auto-SIC generated or not). The remaining 16 listed below do not match wrt name. In addition, there are two instances (noted below) where 2 DC cabs point to the same standard drop down curve (I suspect this may be a bug since I would not expect 2 different DC cabs to have exactly the same curve values). Would be cool if the names and double mappings could be fixed up as then we would have complete consistency between the DC Cabs and drop down standard curves (would remove any need to have SIC noted in CL4 imo) . Note also, that of the 84 standard drop down curves we have, 47 do not currently map to a DC which is fine since these unmapped curves are also available to apply in free form for those who prefer to audition SiCs with DCs for a preferred sound regardless of accuracy, or for those looking for an optimal SIC to match a 3rd pty, legacy cab selection, or multicab mix. As a wish I suggest that the standard drop down ICs have a "(DC)" designation at the end of the name for the ones that map to an actual DC cab.

MisMatched DC Auto-SIC vs Drop Down SIC Curve Names
  • 1x12 AC20 > 1x12 AC20 DLX
  • 1x12 DIV13 Cj11 > 1x12 Brit G12M
  • 1x12 GT12-100 > 1x12 Brit G12T
  • 1x12 Nuclear Tone > 1x12 AST BV25
  • 1x12 Tweed 20112 > 1x12 Tweed Emmi
  • 2x10 Super 6C4 > 2x10 Super
  • 2x12 65 Bassguy > 2x12 Bassguy
  • 2x12 Chiefman > 2x12 Match Chief
  • 2x12 Class-A 30W > 2x12 Class-A 30W Silver
  • 2x12 Texas Star > 2x12 TX Star
  • 4x12 1960TV > 4x12 Brit TV
  • 4x12 Friedman GB > 4x12 Friedman (Duplicate Mapping?)
  • 4x12 Friedman V30 > 4x12 Friedman (Duplicate Mapping?)
  • 4x12 Lerxst > 4x12 > Lerxst Omega
  • 4x12 Rumble EV12L > 4x12 Rumble (Duplicate Mapping?)
  • 4x12 Rumble EV12S > 4x12 Rumble (Duplicate Mapping?)
Even with the name discrepancies you can check to see what curve is authentic to a DC by flipping over to DC mode, selecting the DC in stot 1 and looking at the amp/speaker page with "Auto DC Imp." ON but having all the names consistent would reduce confusion imo.

I really like how this is coming together - in hindsight we can now see now that there was a master plan for SIC related deployment initially when the SIC curves were first introduced and we are seeing the additional pieces subsequently drop into place with DC and CL4.

I don't think those are errors. I know the Friedman cab is @Mark Day's, and it has two different speaker models in it. Those are all wired together, so I'm thinking together they produce a single total load on the amp, creating that one speaker impedance curve. I'm pretty sure the Dumble is the same deal.

Last edited:
Interesting, didn't know about that one.

Do you run it all the time, or only when you're setting things up?

I run it almost all the time. You can customize it to an insane degree, but I'm not that sophisticated; I learned about this on GearSlutz or some place like that years ago, and I just change the overlay Max Performance and Better Battery Life. The only time I turn it off is when I run my laptop on battery power, because, even with the Better Battery Life overlay, it still seems to hit the battery harder than just turning it off.

But it's cool, you can schedule how processes are prioritized by threads, you can disallow processes from running... all kinds of stuff.

I run it almost all the time. You can customize it to an insane degree, but I'm not that sophisticated; I learned about this on GearSlutz or some place like that years ago, and I just change the overlay Max Performance and Better Battery Life. The only time I turn it off is when I run my laptop on battery power, because, even with the Better Battery Life overlay, it still seems to hit the battery harder than just turning it off.

But it's cool, you can schedule how processes are prioritized by threads, you can disallow processes from running... all kinds of stuff.
Is there much benefit if I'm not super sophisticated about process tuning for DAW and VST use? Like is there a More Better button etc?

Is there much benefit if I'm not super sophisticated about process tuning for DAW and VST use? Like is there a More Better button etc?

I think it helps a ton. When I turn it on with the Max Performance overlay, my computer becomes lightning fast. I use this laptop for work too, and it makes everything I do nearly instant. I can say this with confidence, because I run some resource intense programs like QuickBooks Desktop 2018, which likes to move at a crawl otherwise haha, so I've seen the difference.

I don't do any of the deep tweaks on my current computer, and just by changing the overlay, which is a basic menu option, it changes the laptop to a hotrod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom