Dyn Presence and Dyn Depth - who's using them?

MaxTwang

Experienced
Try turning Dynamic Presence and Dynamic Depth up or down and play for a while - then turn them to 0 and see how what your used to playing 'feels'.

Also try different settings for Presence and Depth with Dynamic Presence and Dynamic Depth (try turning Depth up and Dynamic Depth down and Dynamic Presence up a little with a high gain patch). Adjust your playing soft/hard.

There are a lot of valid combinations, but turning both Dyn Depth and Dyn Presence up on a clean Fender or Vox patch can add life and 'bounce', especially with FRFR.

I have them in use on 2 patches. One to add a bit more meat to a vibrolux w/o get flubby. The other for a bit more sparkle when I dig in, I forget which amp. A little goes a long way.

I am making use of Dynamic Presence quite a bit; just a little bit goes a long way but it just makes everything more "alive" and I honestly find it exceptionally useful.

I use them, but as mentioned previously, a little goes a long way.

I find them very useful. They change the tone in different ways than the regular presence and depth. I find the dynamic depth useful in adding "more meat" to the tone and it seems to help in making the sound seem like its coming from a real cab. Dynamic presence is useful when you're using a dark-sounding IR.

Using for a couple songs too. I'm relying on the Axe to handle the whole step detune for these and I find I'm not getting the "feedback" picking wise in my in-ears....enter Dyn Presence to get that bite back..

well i know that cliff lol!

let me rephrase, are the majority of people who are using them using frfr setups? i only ask cause one fo the post above said it helps bring alive a "dark" IR

I've found that to replicate active pres and depth from fw9, set p +3.5, d -3.5.

I use dynamic presence sparingly - haven't had a need to use dynamic depth yet. It's definitely a "less is more" type of addition for my taste but keeping it between 0.5 and 1.5 is plenty for my taste.

I just explored those controls last night with a few amps...very useful and a welcome addition for sure. I've got a nice mild overdrive preset with the Badger 18 and a bit of Dynamic Presence is the icing on the cake. Makes for a quicker workflow....

Back
Top Bottom