Dweezil Zappa, no more AxeFx?

etzel

Inspired
There is this Concert from october, with the Dweezil show, there is no Axe on sight, only amps. Do anyone of you know what happened? He was known as a well respected pioneer of the Axe and direct sound

There is this Concert from october, with the Dweezil show, there is no Axe on sight, only amps. Do anyone of you know what happened? He was known as a well respected pioneer of the Axe and direct sound

Was this one of the Zappa Plays Zappa shows? Because that's what he was using the Axe for, so he could get the huge amount of tones that he needed to in order to play all his dad's stuff without needing all the gear.

the-sky-is-falling.jpg

Here's a nice action shot from his gig yesterday (Jan 26th 2014). Seems relevant.

IMG_7114.jpg

Wish I was watching this show instead of the Grammys :nightmare:

He has had so many rigs, some insanely huge and complicated and then the simple Axe FX II rig. When listening to the recorded concert and comparing tones from him and Steve Vai you could tell the difference from which one sounded tube driven verses digital. Both guitars rigs sounded great. However for my ears on the recording it seemed that Dweezil seemed a bit compressed but not in a bad way at all. Now it could of been his patch but Vai tone had that more open tube sound to me. Again they both sounded amazing.

Back
Top Bottom